• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Deciding on the best stock for a 700 sps tactical

dixie3bass

Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 15, 2011
SE OH
I am wanting to replace the houge rubber over molded stock with one that will be comfortable as well as help with accuracy. I like the manners t5a and t4a, I have not left out the McMillan. I have not been around the aics and will open minded about it however it is not my first choice, I was told that it would be the best bet for what I was going to be doing. I want to shoot paper and steel targets out to a k with it and I have a shark can in the paper process. I do not plan on lugging it around for hunting. I have a nf 5.5 x 22x 50 scope with 20 moa base, is an adjustable cheek necessary? What are your thoughts and suggestions for me? Thanks for helping the newbi.

Re: Deciding on the best stock for a 700 sps tactical

I got a B&C M40 for hunting and to hold me over till I save up some cash and get an understanding of what I want. I do believe that I'll be going with the Whiskey 3 or AICS. I'm not sure yet. Both seem great.

Thoughts from a fellow noob.

Dave

for a factory $500 SPS Tactical I would say find a take off HS precision. Save your money and put it towards glass. When you rebarrel true the action step up to a AICS or McMillain

But I already got the glass, I only want to buy stock once.

AICS or Mcmillain A5 figure out hich one fits you

AICS is the best bang for the buck for a ready to go stock with DBM, but there not for everyone.

Give the McRee stock a look. I put a Rem SPS in one, with great results.

Another vote for Mcree. All of our PD rifles now wear these, and they are great.

I tried the aics stock and hatted it. Be sure you try whichever you wont first if you can. I actually ordered a cheep b&c and likes it better..

AICS with Viper Skins

try the AICS to see if it fits your liking. As mentioned above its got a lot of features for your $. Tons of accessories for them.

AICS great stock system.
IMG_0624.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KNIGHT11B4</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Manners without a doubt. Check into their Mini chassis. Drop and go in any of their stocks you want.

</div></div>

There's your answer.

I used the McMillian A5 and a Seekins DBM. Couldn't get great feel for the AICS, but didn't get to play with it much. Might want to consider the AICS AX looks bad ass and might be a good fit other than the price.

Thanks here2learn I like that jp, anyone have any comments about them. A little pricey but no more than the others that I am considering. Does it take sandard ai mags or they proprietary?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dixie3bass</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Thanks here2learn I like that jp, anyone have any comments about them. A little pricey but no more than the others that I am considering. Does it take sandard ai mags or they proprietary?</div></div>

No problem Dixie. When you consider you don't have to purchase bottom metal, pay to bed it and it includes two ten round mags it is actually cheaper. It just takes standard AI mags.

I have been shooting it in comps for a while and I like it a lot. Ultimately you will have to decide if it for you but I have manners McMillian etc and the JP AMCS works best for me.

Well send one of those stocks my way here2! Lol

Well send one of those stocks my way here2! Lol

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dixie3bass</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Well send one of those stocks my way here2! Lol
</div></div>

Tell you what. Come down this way to shoot Mammoth or PMG and you can throw your barreled action in there and give it a try! Heck John Paul will probably be at mammoth and you could talk to him personally and look at the demo gun. I think there are still some spots left for mammoth!

I went with the AICS 2.0. I added an Atlas bipod and monopod. Couldn't be happier.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 1979brj</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I tried the aics stock and hatted it. Be sure you try whichever you wont first if you can. I actually ordered a cheep b&c and likes it better..

</div></div>
Just to add. I hatted it for a " field /in hunting " stock. It was a little heavy and the stock is slick and hard to carry for me. But if all I did was range shoot it would be fine. It actually fitted me nice. I guess it depends on the application ..

Just bought a stock from Mbp708. It's a McMillan a2 with hooper ordamce dbm, thanks for all the in put.

you should also weigh the difference of if you want glass bed vs. pillar bed. (manners/mcmillan vs. aics/whiskey3) Since its a stock rifle (for now) pillar bedding requires no actual labor and for all intesive purpose is great. Glass bedding is the more precise but its not as easy as it looks. If you send it out you are looking @$150 extra.

so many different options. AICS, Manners w/minichassis, XLR.... check them out