• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Night Vision Decisions... Decisions..

LSUbeatUby40

Sergeant
Supporter
Minuteman
Apr 21, 2007
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
I have a dilemma.

TNVC is selling some cool shit in the last 4 months. I have some cash on hand, but cannot make up my damn mind about what to get. On one hand I want a PVS-30, but I don't have a long range that I can shoot at night, so it almost seems futile to go that route. I want a set of BNVDs but I don;t know if i should go with the standard priced ones ($10,500.00) or the PVS-31A high FOM 2300+ which are around $13,500.00.

I'm am a nobody meaning I don't operate unless you considered hunting every pig, coon, rabbit, etc. at night a somebody operator.

My question is should I go for the high FOM PVS-31A? Is the extra $3k worth it strictly from a coolness factor hunting in the woods?

Let me know your thoughts.

Thanks

Reactions: Dvlray6
Go with some of their built-in-house binos and save $3k+ and get hand-selected tubes that are better and cleaner. Spend the savings on a refurb PVS-30 or -27 if you come up with some long property or a decent thermal if not. If you don't have any thermal yet, I'd prioritize that over the clip-on.

GBPSE.

Go with some of their built-in-house binos and save $3k+ and get hand-selected tubes that are better and cleaner. Spend the savings on a refurb PVS-30 or -27 if you come up with some long property or a decent thermal if not. If you don't have any thermal yet, I'd prioritize that over the clip-on.
This ^^^

Reactions: WhereNow&How
Ya know, some others here might get the wrong idea bro.

Can we shoot hogs are your place? I will. Definitely make a trip over there

We have our own hogs, like 100 of them, but they walk right up to you looking for food.

But we do have yotes that need to be discouraged from cruising my AO. 😁

We have our own hogs, like 100 of them, but they walk right up to you looking for food.

But we do have yotes that need to be discouraged from cruising my AO. 😁
Name the night sir. I will bring that blue beauty and we can put the glass back on her

I have a dilemma.

TNVC is selling some cool shit in the last 4 months. I have some cash on hand, but cannot make up my damn mind about what to get. On one hand I want a PVS-30, but I don't have a long range that I can shoot at night, so it almost seems futile to go that route. I want a set of BNVDs but I don;t know if i should go with the standard priced ones ($10,500.00) or the PVS-31A high FOM 2300+ which are around $13,500.00.

I'm am a nobody meaning I don't operate unless you considered hunting every pig, coon, rabbit, etc. at night a somebody operator.

My question is should I go for the high FOM PVS-31A? Is the extra $3k worth it strictly from a coolness factor hunting in the woods?

Thanks

Feel free to PM. Be happy to assist with any further questions. Thanks for the trust with our gear and the considerations.

Reactions: LSUbeatUby40
Just placed order for the 31’s and ops core sf helmet loaded out with tnvc yesterday. 20 weeks give or take for back order but it will be worth the wait I am sure😉
Fantastic choice. I predict you’ll love it.

I have a dilemma.

Thanks
Get a thermal instead.

Yeah i like it. It's a bad bitch..
Do you hunt off a tripod? If so what is your flavor and attachment method? I've started using the Anvil 30 on a PVA tripod. It's a loving, nurturing relationship. Unless you're a pig then its deadly.

Do you hunt off a tripod? If so what is your flavor and attachment method? I've started using the Anvil 30 on a PVA tripod. It's a loving, nurturing relationship. Unless you're a pig then its deadly.
Sometimes. Really just depends on how I feel that night. Sometimes I bring out a tripod, other times I sling and carry. Usually we run into 7 to 8 hog pods and we start going to town so we don't even entertain the tripods.

Don’t count out the 1531’s if you want to save a couple thousand. Same tubes, adjustable diopter, and pvs 14 objectives that can be replaced with common parts.
You give up a few oz’s.
Also the dtnvs is pretty nice with filmless tubes.

I have a set of the PVS1531 that were reportedly the lower FOM 1792 units. I can tell you they are noticeably better than an L3 PVS14 with FOM over 2600 in low light conditions. I think they basically cant guarantee that you will get minimum FOM of 2376. That being said, @WillHugh has a set of PVS1531 just like mine and I think they are just as good if not better than some direct factory L3 Unlimited FOM PVS14s we have looked through at the same time. I also had a thin-filmed milspec contract L3 green PVS14 and the unfilmed tubes in the PVS1531 DEMOLISHED it in low light conditions. I had to use IR light to navigate with the green tube, not at all with the unfilmed “lower spec” PVS1531.

I looked through a buddys PVS31As and couldnt tell the difference. I like the diopter feature because I dont have perfect vision, even when its corrected. When I looked through the 31As that didnt seem to matter, but I have to think it would help eye strain after several hours. The weight difference is negligible between the PVS1531 and the PVS31. They both weigh less than or about the same same a single PVS14.

We may have gotten lucky with our units, but I would seriously consider taking the extra savings of the lower FOM 1531 and buying a COTI or saving for a PVS30. A clip on with a 22 inside of 300 yards is stupid fun.

Just my two cents.

Reactions: JonLSU