• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Dedicated 22LR uppers

BALLISTIC

Jack of all Trades
Minuteman
Dec 31, 2002
Vinland
I am looking to pick one of these up, and would like to see/hear some available options. I am particularly interested in finding one with 1-9" twist for using the Aguila 60 grain rounds.

TIA

Re: Dedicated 22LR uppers

CMMG is the way to go I have one and I havnt had any problems out of it that shit ammo wasnt to blame for. They stand behind all of their products and if something goes south they will take care of you on it.

Either the Nordic or Tac-Sol are head and shoulders above the rest with the nod between the two going to the Nordid.

Nordic = WIN
grin.gif

The Nordic is 100% quality the whole way!

Doesn't the CMMG come with a plastic charging handle? I know one 22lr upper out there does, but I'm not for sure on which one.

Anyone seen them with 1 in 9" twist? I thought I found one a while back, but I cannot seem to locate one now.

I just went with a dedicated 22 AR. The M&P 15-22 is one of my favorite weapons. Everything functions just like my AR's. Just a thought.

I've been 100% satisfied with my Nordic Components upper. It's eaten everything I've fed it.

I love my Tactical Solutions upper. I have a complete gun setup identical to my primary. Runs great with CCI or Federal Bulk

I have a spikes, works great with federal bulk packs. Though they don't make them anymore so you would have to find them used.
jordangunstuff012.jpg

jordangunstuff011.jpg

Where are you guys ordering your Nordic uppers from? Site sponsor?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I just went with a dedicated 22 AR. The M&P 15-22 is one of my favorite weapons. Everything functions just like my AR's. Just a thought.
</div></div>

I did the same thing. Works for me.

I'm a big fan of the TACSOL ar22 w/ the SBX barrel. This set up gives you a 11.25" barrel and a 5" shroud that allows you to slide your .22 can into the shroud. End result is a suppressed ar22 with a supppressed barrel length of 16.5-17" without having to SBR your lower.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JW_TX</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I ordered mine directly from Nordic. </div></div>

Me too.

JP's 22lr is using Nordic components, which speaks to the quality of the Nordic upper.

I have one of the first 10 Nordic uppers and that bad boy runs and I have had no issues and have done real well shooting Ruger Rimfire matches with great success.

Highly recommended!!

I love my tac-solutions sb-x. Ive shot thousands of bulk fedral through it without a jam.

I also have a spikes tactical. works awesome, too bad they are getting hard to find. quality made and runs 100% with every type of ammo I have tried.

I bought a complete 223 upper minus bolt carrier group and dropped a cmmg kit in it. Right twist rate for the SSS and shoots good enough for plinking. CCI subsonic and federal bulk packs work flawlessly.

Thanks guys.. I was looking for a .22 upper and just grabbed a NC22 16" upper and a few BD mags. They have free shipping too and knocked off a buck on each of the 27rd mags I ordered (online). Can't wait to get it out.

Great review! Any chance you could go back and give us an idea of the accuracy of these uppers using magnified optics?

not trying to thread jack, but are the kits that use your 5.56 upper not a good idea? been entertaining one since i sold my SW MP22.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jlow</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Great review! Any chance you could go back and give us an idea of the accuracy of these uppers using magnified optics?</div></div>

Thanks, I plan to do this as time allows.. Just need to get through the holidays. It will be in my follow-up on my review.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LS6TT</div><div class="ubbcode-body">not trying to thread jack, but are the kits that use your 5.56 upper not a good idea? been entertaining one since i sold my SW MP22.</div></div>

I've never had one, but most seem to prefer dedicated uppers or full guns. Do some research and it will help you form a better opinion and lead to a solid choice.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LS6TT</div><div class="ubbcode-body">not trying to thread jack, but are the kits that use your 5.56 upper not a good idea? been entertaining one since i sold my SW MP22. </div></div>

The combination of 1:7-1:9 twist 5.56 barrels and .224" bore vs 1:16" and .223" of a dedicated .22lr barrel gives less than spectacular accuracy. Other than that they seem to work ok. CMMG seems to be one of the best 5.56 drop in kits.