• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Dedicated uppers.

shadow_sniper

Sergeant
Minuteman
Oct 20, 2007
jacksonville, FL
Well Im going to be 18 in 2 months and some days. I will finally be able to own a gun of my own. Im really looking at getting an ar 15, but Im not sure what to get. From the reading I have done there is not much difference in the Tac sol and Spikes. It appears more of pick what you think looks better. and I cant find much info about the wilson combat upper. I need a flat top with no front sight post because I play to run it with a EO tech or acog, which I already have both. I know I could co witness but I have never looked down a rifle that was but i dont think i would like. O and where does the wilson combat upper stand compared to the spikes or tac sol.

Re: Dedicated uppers.

Somebody going to buy the lower for you? You can buy a rifle, but not a receiver at 18yo.
You
CMMG is about to release a now complete gun to your specs, I believe.Might look at complete guns. $539 for the Quebec-A, less for the Quebec.
There weren't any issues with the Gen=I CMMGs a couple of years ago.
There's not much feedback on the Wilson, and IIRC, they're kind of spendy. For the money, a Ballistic Advantage upper with premium barrel comes into play.

I thought I could by a lower that already had the stock stock attached but not a stripped lower because stripped can be converted in to a pistol.

I believe florida and texas have similar gun laws in that you can buy longguns at 18 and pistols at 21. Obviously check that for yourself and don't just take my word. Are you just looking for an upper? I take it this is going to be for plinking and punching paper only? What is your price range?

No im looking for a whole rifle. I have about 15 to spend at the most, but it would be nice to come in under. Im really eyeing the Spikes tactical/Emerson package. That is pretty close to a idea set up and appears to be a good deal,but i dont know if it will still be around on september 25, with only 100 being produced.

You would have to check FL law. I believe that you can buy a stripped lower here in PA when you are 18 (handguns at 21). Remember that there is a "difference" between a pistol and rifle lower (to my knowledge). It's really just how they were originally registered. While you could build a pistol (physically) out of a rifle lower, I'm not sure that it would be legal.

But anyway, please check your local laws. Again, It definitely varries from state to state. I would assume that if you can buy a rifle in your state at 18 that you would have no problem with a stripped (rifle) lower.

Edit: If you are looking at the spikes package, call up spikes and tell them your situation and see if they will let you put down a deposit on one.

I'm inquiring about becoming a dealer for Nordic Components as they have a REALLY slick upper I'm liking that just was made available to purchase 7/1/2010:

Few links:

http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=15&t=485691&page=1]ar15 thread[/url]
http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=15&t=485691&page=1

Nordic Components Website
http://shop.nordiccomp.com/NC22_c6.htm

Price aint bad either and supposed to be tack drivers. They're also coming out with a 22MAG upper so hopefully, a 17HMR as well.

Spike's tactical is also a good option and is a good price with a match barrel too.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dbush</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Call Derrick Martin at Accuracy Speakes. </div></div>

Literally wrote the book on accuracy in AR15s.

Accuracy is not do big a issue this will be cause the carbine bay at my local range is only 25 yards deep. So if it can hit a 6 inch plate at those range I will be fine. Which I know the Spikes and Tac sol are both capable of doing with ease. Do any one know about the wilson dedicate uppers? I can not find anything on them but i would assume that they would be great because they are made by wilson. CLE?

Why would you want to pay $800 for a .22 upper if accuracy isn't important? That's the list on a Wilson. Sounds like they use a CMMG bolt. Check the website under "complete uppers"

Spike's will do you a quad rail M-4 for that or less, I guess depending on what rail, BUIS, etc.

The Wilson probably isn't that bad a deal, given the components.

CLE= Compass Lake Engineering= Frank White, a premier barrel turner. Makes match rifles, $1100/upper. M-261 bolt only

Accuracy Speaks= Derrick Martin, Match or plinker .22uppers with match barrels on any .22 conversion bolt, again, over a grand.

Ballistic Advantage-any configuration including retro, but I think concentrating on 20", with premium barrels, see his website for prices