• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Gunsmithing Deep Bored Crown And Noise Reduction

Re: Deep Bored Crown And Noise Reduction

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: stealth_man</div><div class="ubbcode-body">since we can own (but not legally use) supressors in my state. </div></div>

that's fixing to change, both house & senate passed the bill and it's on the way to your governor.

I would think it would deflect the blast slightly away from the shooter compared to a non recessed crown. Make it a little more comfortable for people around the rifle. That is way too dramatic to be just protection for the crown, especially for a bench rifle.

Mr Franklin, the builder of the gun, calls it his quiet crown.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: VjjR</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I would think it would deflect the blast slightly away from the shooter compared to a non recessed crown. Make it a little more comfortable for people around the rifle. That is way too dramatic to be just protection for the crown, especially for a bench rifle. </div></div>

What he said

Theoretically this would help focus the sound waves towards the targer but the rapid dispersion of hot gases escaping from behind the bullet will still make a loud sound. I think the effect will be minimal at best.

This deep of a crown recession should essentially work the same as a Noveske KX3 flash suppressor.