• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Deep Fried Goodness

Witch_Doctor

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
I decided to deep fry a turkey for the folks this past Thanksgiving. Been doing it for years in Louisiana, an attempt to let mom actually enjoy the holiday, instead of being in the kitchen. They live in Florida, so they always got left overs I brought over after the holidays. I always had to work the Bayou Classic, thank god for civilian life now. Anyhoo, it worked very well, and even built a Turkey Derrick (Alton Brown contraption), which for any other Louisiana natives out there is way better than a paddle. Gota admit any excuse to go the hardware store. So mom got to kick back and have a cocktail while dropped the turkey . . .:D

Brined the bird for 16 hours in salt and brown sugar, injected it with some homemade cajun butter, and dusted it lightly with Tony Chachere's, and 49 minutes later, voila . . . .

Turkeyday002.jpg

Turkeyday004.jpg

Turkeyday005.jpg

Turkeyday007.jpg

Oh yea, Blanton's and a R&J Robusto was on hand
cool.gif

Re: Deep Fried Goodness

that turkey derrick is a great idea. i've always had good luck using the cajun injector creole butter.

Great job. I fried two of em for 16 people. Only a few scraps left.

Atta boy!! Alton Brown has directed my culinary exploits on more than one occasion. I'll have to try the ladder method.

If you have food like that and a bottle of Blanton's, I'm coming over next year for Thanksgiving! I'll bring the duck dressing
grin.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Cinch</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Man that looks good! </div></div>

Sure does.