• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hunting & Fishing Deer Cam Pic's

mavrick10_2000

Private
Minuteman
Jan 8, 2009
Oklahoma
It was nice to see the guys made it through another hunting season, the big 10 from last year is nowhere to be seen unfortunately. Not as much growth on the antlers that I thought, but looks like I'll be passing on these guys again for another year or two as they only appear to be about 3 ish. 3 things that make this a little difficult for me:

1) They're all within a 15 yard bowshot
2) I've never stuck a buck with my bow in 10 years of bowhunting.
3) Other hunters in the area will blast these guys in a heartbeat. I haven't seen the big 10 since last year on any of my cams.

I passed on a 4 year old basket racked 10 pointer last year with G2's that had to be around 15-16" and I'm not seeing him, so unless the camera is shrinking these fellers, it's another pass. Still cool to see.

IM000103.jpg

IM000104.jpg

IM000107.jpg

IM000061.jpg

IM000058.jpg

Edited to Add this guy. Took out my truck window with the phone the other morning in SW Oklahoma, wish he would show up under my stand.

NiceBuck2.jpg

Re: Deer Cam Pic's

Yeah he seemed like someone's pet. I got a few other pics of him. I got out of my truck and got within 15 feet of him. He was just munching away, barely got annoyed after 10 mins of trying to get him to look at the camera. He, walked away a little bit, I drove down the road to head him off, got out again, and he had a look like, "Man I just want to eat in peace!" Fed for about 10 more minutes there with me watching from within 30 feet and then he walked off in what I believe was frustration.... LOL

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: GardDog223</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Need any help thinning that turkey herd? </div></div>

That's the "small group" of turkey that hang around the property... LOL

This HCO Scout Guard, is this the name of the camera your using? If not, what camera is it? And with the pinkish hue color, is this an IR camera? Good Job! and Good Luck! this season.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: cntmasx2</div><div class="ubbcode-body">This HCO Scout Guard, is this the name of the camera your using? If not, what camera is it? And with the pinkish hue color, is this an IR camera? Good Job! and Good Luck! this season.</div></div>
"SHOOT LOW, THEY MAY BE CRAWLING"

Good job on the pics also I like your ability to let these walk. With other hunters in the area I'd be tempted to take one (probably the last one) ! Thanks for sharing.

It's the scoutguard SG550 it is IR. I just didn't put up any of the night pics. The "pinkish" hue is the position of the sun, not an issue with the camera. It has a video mode as well. I just haven't set it up in that mode this time around. It's a really small camera in relation to most takes AA's 6 IIRC, 3 are to extend the life, which lasted me about 8-9 months last year. You have to be careful as they aren't waterproof, I have it in a security box with some waterproof camo material around it to keep dry.

Damn fiddlebacks and wolf spiders still hide out around it though. Have to be careful reaching in for the camera.

is it your land? bigger fence to keep them in protected from other hunters? that or make sure you lay plenty of feed to keep them close by again if its your land

Not my land. It's my friend's. I have to watch on the feed due to his cow/calf operation. I just fenced off this area to keep the cattle and donkies from eating all of the corn and natural vegetation &acorns that are in this funnel.

Me and one of my other buds who hunt here just put in a few 1/4 acre fenced food plots this year. We'll do a couple more in the spring to draw them to his land more frequently.

I'll probably get a feeder to save on some gas as well. Tired of making trips every 4 or so days to put out nearly 200 lbs of corn/feed.

I use the same cameras and have had very good experiences with them, they are pretty good quality for the money. Great pictures, it looks like you have something to work with...

Good turkeys man. I never pass on a turkey if I have a tag.

I hear you Shaggy. I stuck a nice Tom on Saturday. Ambushed them on the ground between some cedars coming into one of the ponds. 11.5" Beard Spurs a little over an inch. No pics, forgot the cam and tripod.