• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Defiance Action Lube

Gjb89

Private
Minuteman
Apr 16, 2017
Not sure if this is the right area to post this.. I need some recommendations on grease or lube for my Defiance action. It's not very dusty where I am located.

I run shooters choice grease on my Defiance and other bolt actions. I'm of the opinion though that it's more about how you apply the grease to all metal on metal contact points so that there's lubrication, but then making sure that there's not any residual or excess accumulation. Very thin film in all the right places seems to work for me.

I asked the same question a few months back and got some nice replies. Ended up buying Mil-Comm TW25B and giving it a try. Probably the best lubricant I've ever owned. Only problem is the lube is so good is creates a synthetic film that takes up too much space in my tight tolerance Defiance Deviant’s.

After cleaning the bolt and inside of the action I discovered it still leaves a film. So, I’m applying the TW25B to the bolt then wiping it off with a towel to hopefully keep it from rusting, then applying some Frog Lube to make the action run smooth.

Shot a match last Saturday and had no issues but by day’s end the bolt was getting a little tight so dustier conditions would have required cleaning the bolt during the match. I love my two Defiance Deviant’s, especially the M16 extractor, but mine are really too tight for PRS style matches IMO.

Thank you for the recommendations. I usually use Frog lube or slip 2000 on must of my firearms except the M1 it gets Mobil 1 synthetic grease.

Been using Bore Tech Extreme Grease HD on all my bolt actions including Defiance with good results.

I run shooters choice grease on my Defiance and other bolt actions. I'm of the opinion though that it's more about how you apply the grease to all metal on metal contact points so that there's lubrication, but then making sure that there's not any residual or excess accumulation. Very thin film in all the right places seems to work for me.

Same here.

literally anything mildly lubricious will work.......personally i would just go down to the hardware store and find yourself a tub of moly grease for $3 and be done with it.......literally a life time supply

Slip 2000 EWL is the best lubricant I've found and runs very well in my Deviant. I do use a little grease behind the lugs along with it.

Another vote for TW-25 grease. It's not a traditional grease, more of a thicker line that stays in place. No where near the consistency of a traditional grease so don't let that scare you.

You're going to get a million different answers.

I personally use a thin film of Slip2000 EWL 30 on my bolt (parkerized) and Slip2000 Grease on the bolt lugs.

I use the 30-weight EWL because it's thicker and heavier and doesn't run or migrate into the action, trigger, or stock. It stays put. And I use the Slip2000 grease because I bought the oil and figured it'd be easier to just get it all in one place.

literally anything mildly lubricious will work.......personally i would just go down to the hardware store and find yourself a tub of moly grease for $3 and be done with it.......literally a life time supply

This is exactly right. Think about the conditions that grease and oil are exposed to on a bolt action rifle compared to the automotive use that most were designed for. Working the bolt by hand a few times per minute a couple of times per month is not exactly a strenuous workout compared to the use they see in an engine. You could use bacon grease on your bolt and it would do the job just fine.