• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Defiance deviant or Accuracy International

I'm pretty sure I heard Frank say in the EDS podcast that he still shoots his .308s quite regularly. Is it the perfect cartridge? No. Are there better performing rounds out there? Yes. But it still works just fine in skilled hands!

One of my favorite rifles is a 16" 308. It's a nice shooting gun and the short barrel fucks with a lot of older guys that think you can't shoot long distance with a short barrel. There are plenty of other calibers that do perform better but that's what's nice about having more than one gun or a switch barrel setup.

Reactions: Basher
Maybe one of our smiths can answer this but doesn't the shop have to pay a 10 or 11% tax when manufacturing a firearm?

That's your problem. Mile High. Take about 500 dollars off that.

MPA - $900
TL-3 - 1250
Barrel- 320
Chamber - 350
Thread - 125
Trigger - 225
MB - 125

$3300 - for a gun that runs in dusty conditions and looks like this

And shoots like this

A) MHSA had nothing to do with the math involved in buying a whiskey 3 folder vs your quoted MPA, which makes up all of the difference you quoted.

B) I would happily pay more to a local company and build a relationship, which is what I’ve done. If i have an issue, I just swing by and say hi.

C) May run in dusty conditions sure. Selling the setup below for an AT had nothing to do with dust. I wanted a system, and was tired of always wondering which sum of parts to group together.

t46z6hY.jpg

Reactions: Basher and Bradu
@Lowlight would be a good person to ask. Listening to the podcast yesterday, Mike and Frank said numerous rifles went down during their recent class, due to dust from high winds. I’d be curious on the breakdown of brands that had issues vs those that didn’t.

I was there. The AI That @Lowlight was shooting had trouble. The lefty AI that had the port open to the widward side went down, as did my Big Horn/ Timney. There were four rifles that went down overall. Mine was the 22-lb Trigger. FWIW, 30 minutes in the sonic cleaner solved all my problems.

The rifle with no problems at all was the Mausingfield/Bix’n’Andy. Two other AIs reported no problems. Also, the Rem 7-0 300 Win Mag that had been completely rebuilt and put on an AI had no problems, although I doubt the chassis had anything to do with it.

C

Ever notice how high end rifles are kind of like your first girl friend (or boy friend)? You never fully appreciate them until they go down on you.

I was there. The AI That @Lowlight was shooting had trouble. The lefty AI that had the port open to the widward side went down, as did my Big Horn/ Timney. There were four rifles that went down overall. Mine was the 22-lb Trigger. FWIW, 30 minutes in the sonic cleaner solved all my problems.

The rifle with no problems at all was the Mausingfield/Bix’n’Andy. Two other AIs reported no problems. Also, the Rem 7-0 300 Win Mag that had been completely rebuilt and put on an AI had no problems, although I doubt the chassis had anything to do with it.

C

Good info! Would definitely be interested to hear what the issues were at least with the AI’s