• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Defiance ejector issues? Help

sch2046

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 19, 2011
Sunbury, OH
I was shooting Ina match 2 weeks ago, my rounds were not ejecting out of my action and under time and pressure, I was getting jammed ou with the spent case and live round in the chamber area. Is this an ejector issue and how do I fix it? Should I disassemble the bolt?

I was shooting Ina match 2 weeks ago, my rounds were not ejecting out of my action and under time and pressure, I was getting jammed ou with the spent case and live round in the chamber area. Is this an ejector issue and how do I fix it? Should I disassemble the bolt?
Presuming it has a spring loaded ejector, check to see if there is enough tension on it. Press it with a punch or something. There should be strong pressure but should not stick. If you can press it in with your fingernail that's too soft. To disassemble the ejector, you either get a little gizmo to depress the ejector or grow another hand.

Brownells sells a bolt service tool kit, for dissasembling a bolt for ejector issues or firing pin springs, its extremely handy

I can give my two cents, besides the spring was it working before or was it always having an ejection prob, I had a problem once with my brass catching because it was new and maybe a had a little lager diameter and the defiance bolt face has very tight tolerances where the brass would catch sometimes if I pulled the bolt back slowly for some reason, is the plunger flush with the top and have force behind it would indicate that the plunger is working correctly if its slightly 1/16-1/8") under the top face of the bolt would indicate their is a problem with the plunder, try taking a spent brass and put it into the bolt face out of the action and slowly release the presser if it sticks I would bet its the brass is a little large on the out side making too tight of a fit with the face diameter

... Or is your brass ejecting and hitting the windage knob and falling back in the ejection port...?

It worked fine prior to this last match, I did get the new kahles 624i, but shot it at a match with no issues with the windage knob. I will look closer tomorrow and see what I can find out.......