• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Defiance Ruckus Tactical vs Lone Peak Fuzion in MDT ACC

kindred_spirits

Private
Minuteman
Sep 28, 2009
Jamison, PA
Having trouble deciding between the Defiance Ruckus Tactical and the Lone Peak Fuzion for a 6.5 Creedmoor barreled action. Planning to use an MDT ACC for the chassis. Initially wanted to go with a Terminus Zeus but its a 10-12 week wait and my local smith has these 2 in stock. Does anyone have experience with either of these actions in an MDT ACC? The Lone Peak Fuzion appears to be flat on the bottom, but the Defiance appears to be round. Not sure if this matters? I'd prefer to not have to bed if possible.

Reactions: MDT_Josh
LP is not flat on the bottom (like an AI or some Kelblys), it's a regular R700 footprint.

Both should work fine in an ACC.

both are 700 footprint so you are fine either way and neither should require you to bed unless you just want to to be safe. I do not have experience with the LP at all so cannot comment on that but have several Curtis Vector and Valor actions and really like them but I will admit when I pick up one of my Defiance actions it just amazes me how smooth they through the entire operation of cycling the bolt. I really enjoy the 60* of the Curtis nut it isnt until I get back on a two lug that I realize how much stiffer a 3 lug action is. Anyway I think you will be fine and happy with either of them for your build. Good luck!

Lone peak are very nice. I don’t have a ruckus but I do have a defiance deviant. Hard to choose between the two.

It’s almost a year wait for most stuff from Defiance…. Hope it’s faster, but was quoted 50 weeks lead time for my Anti-X ordered almost two months ago. Silver lining: Got to pick a custom serial number by ordering direct.

Barrel is gonna be almost 6 months.

My MDT chassis was going to be 3-4 months, but it showed up at ~6 weeks; chose a popular configuration though, so may have just gotten lucky on timing with a batch overrun or cancelled order.

If there’s an action (or barrel, or stock for that matter) that you’re eyeing in stock somewhere, my advice is to purchase immediately.

No experience here with the Ruckus but I am very happy with my Deviant, as well as my LP Fuzion. The LP seems to be engineered toward a dirtier environment compared to the Defiance.

LP Fusion runs very smooth compared to the Defiance i have owned in the past.

Have both.

Both run fine in dirt and dust. Both should be fine in any chassis. The need to bed or not to bed is case by case basis.

I have had both and only have lone peak now. They are both great actions but the lone peak is a smoother action in my experience. I am running 2 lone peaks in 6 br in a mdt chassis with both AW mags and MDT br mags and it runs like a top.

Reactions: Vortex1