• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Defiance tenacity MAG RESTRICTOR PLATE?

Kms33kms

P=
Minuteman
Dec 31, 2020
Tennessee
My rifle build is
Coming along. I have a SA defiance tenacity (retailer said it was BDL version but also accept aics mags)
I plan on putting it in a KRG Bravo chassis. Getting mixed reviews on google about whether or not I need an aics magazine with a restrictor plate? Or without restrictor plate? Anybody dealt with this before?
It’s a standard bolt face and will be using 308/6.5cm magazines

Aics mags were designed to run in a “BDL” action by center feeding the rounds. No idea what you mean by restrictor plate.

Not entirely sure either , just something I come across while reading about making this rifle. It may just be with KRG magazines for their chassis
But this is what I’m talking about

8425D32D-D6D0-4074-9663-649804D8C170.png

Just double checked. MDT even offers the same with their magazines
They’re talking about the binder plate at the front of the magazine where the seam is welded. By eliminating the binder plate, it allows you to load rounds to a longer overall length, but still fit in the magazine. HOWEVER, without the binder plate, the rounds can sit far enough forward in the magazine that the tip of the bullet is underneath the feed ramp of some receivers. I just checked two Tenacitys sitting in Manner mini-chassis stocks and the end of the feed ramp sits flush with the mag well. No issue there. My wife’s Howa in a KRG bravo is a different story. The feed ramp overhangs the front edge of the magazine a bit. Enough to hang up the tip of a bullet from feeding up the ramp without the binder plate.

Last edited:
Reactions: wade2big
They’re talking about the binder plate at the front of the magazine where the seam is welded. By eliminating the binder plate, it allows you to load rounds to a longer overall length, but still fit in the magazine. HOWEVER, without the binder plate, the rounds can sit far enough forward in the magazine that the tip of the bullet is underneath the feed ramp of some receivers. I just checked two Tenacitys sitting in Manner stocks w/mini-chassis, and the end of the feed ramp sits flush with the mag well. No issue there. My wife’s Howa in a KRG bravo is a different story. The feed ramp overhangs the front edge of the magazine a bit. Enough to hang up the tip of a bullet from feeding up the ramp without the binder plate.
Awesome man that’s all I needed , thanks

I had to open the front of the action on my tenacity to run binderless mags. Rounds would hang under the feed ramp. Running a mag with a binder plate worked well before opening it up

You could call defiance and give them your serial number.

Odds are if retailer said bdl it’s Wyatt’s as guardian is not made for bdl use

It will run aics just don’t buy binderless mags