• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Del-Ton AR Experience

Silver_Bullet_00

Private
Minuteman
Mar 15, 2010
North Carolina
Anyone have a Del-Ton AR. I'm thinking about getting one? They are a local company here in NC not far from me.

Seems they have good prices for what they offer. Just wanted to know opinions from Del-ton owners or anyone familiar with them.

Re: Del-Ton AR Experience

I like mine, I had a few problems at first, but it was the mags, has run great with pmags.

Good product. If you want an M-4 type go to CMMG and check out the bargain bin. Best deal in carbines.

i got my stag lower built by them way back when. no complaints.

Thats a great price! I just dont like the idea of pot luck, not know exactly what your going to get from your order.

Thanks

I owned one once upon a time ago. Great rifle. To be honest, in my findings it's hard to find a fucked up AR these days. Stay away from Hesse and Oly arms (horrible Oly rifle I used to own) and you'll be quite happy with whatever you choose!

Good experience here. If you're building from one of their kits and you want something that isn't listed on the options, call them and they will accommodate you.

-B

I have built a dedicated 22LR AR15 using their upper and lower receivers.
Fit and finish look pretty good (not as super-tight as RRA, but not even Sloppy Colt), and the transaction was really smooth.
I won't have any problem in buying from them again.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ErikTaylor</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I owned one once upon a time ago. Great rifle. To be honest, in my findings it's hard to find a fucked up AR these days. Stay away from Hesse and Oly arms (horrible Oly rifle I used to own) and you'll be quite happy with whatever you choose! </div></div>
I was looking at the olimpics, but i've heard good and bad things. I Haven't heard anything bad about del-ton though.

Since BCM is readily available and inexpensive, I see no need to buy DT, CMMG, Stag, Bush, RRA, Armalite, S&W.

I did have a DT "lightweight" which ran O.K. It had 1:9 twist and a few FTEs upon breaking in. Perhaps it was chambered for .223 not 5.56... I forgot what the barrel said (not that that is always accurate). I liked the profile, since it was light at the end but med under the HGs. No bad news from the guy I sold it to.