• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Delays from Ultimatum Precision?

Possibly. You will want to confirm the torque specs for the ACC with MDT, even with the Deadline inlet. I think they may still recommend a lower torque spec and the inletting makes it drop in ready.

Not to distract anyone, but our Deadline specific ACC allows you to run them at full torque (65 in-lbs) ;) We had issues with the UP Deadline in the 90 degree v-block and R700 inlet, so we made some *tweaks*!

Josh

deformed both the bolt lugs and the receiver lugs to the point that you can't use the action anymore. each time it took about 100 rounds to do it

deformed both the bolt lugs and the receiver lugs to the point that you can't use the action anymore. each time it took about 100 rounds to do it

Ouch, I had 350+ rds of 6.5prc on my deadline, no issues. My load was 140eldm@3120fps.

Last edited:
Ouch, I had 350+ rds of 6.5prc on my deadline, no issues. My load was 140eldm@3120fps.
according to ultimatum there's been a couple that have failed besides mine. the germany government ran a few till they were destroyed completely and a few other people had prc's that also failed.

Never heard of this till now. Wonder if it was a nitride issue making bolt head brittle
Not enough contact area between the bolt lugs and receiver lugs is my guess. If you compare them to just about any other action their lugs are significantly smaller.

What round are were you shooting. What did Ultimatum say.
7 sherman shortmag. They said that other people are starting to have the same issues i did but they think that they have a fix and that's why the gen 2 is coming out

I have the gen 1 deadline in 6.5 saum have 500 rnds through so far and some have been hot, so far no issues with the lugs, but now that I'm reading this I am starting to worry a bit. Can we have some more details please on how it destroyed action?

On a side note has Ultimatum replaced your actions yet? As I think they should and also anyone who has a gen 1 that's giving them problems.

As far as customer service every time I called I had great service with Marco.

Elmer

20201004_084450.jpg
deadline bolt vs ai ae mk2 bolt, this pic shows lug with/near extractor on both boltsI
20201004_084512.jpg
deadline vs aiae mk2, full lug.
20201004_084853.jpg

Deadline vs aiae mk2, bolt face. Gives a good idea on lug height

If you make bolt lugs wider, than receiver lugs must be smaller to allow bolt head to withdraw. Also applies to the opposite approach. With a 3 lug bolt, there is only so much of bolt head perimeter that can be utilized. The lugs can be taller, but that requires a bigger bolt body diameter or raceways cut in receiver. Only other way to gain more surface lug area is to go to a 6 lug 60°, a la at/ax or badger 2013.

I have the gen 1 deadline in 6.5 saum have 500 rnds through so far and some have been hot, so far no issues with the lugs, but now that I'm reading this I am starting to worry a bit. Can we have some more details please on how it destroyed action?

On a side note has Ultimatum replaced your actions yet? As I think they should and also anyone who has a gen 1 that's giving them problems.

As far as customer service every time I called I had great service with Marco.

Elmer
the first 1 was destroyed fireforming brass for the 7 sherman shortmag. ultimatum did replace the first action and the bolt head but they did charge me for a new receiver at a discounted price and after destroying the second action they refunded the money for the replacement receiver and told me about the other people who were also having the same issue. i'm now currently waiting for the second replacement action. the second action was destroyed during load work up which never got into pressure because i felt the action starting to go bad when i was chambering and extracting brass. all the primers during the load work up were round and i was at speeds well below what others were getting with the same powder/bullet/brass combo. i only had this picture leftover from what i sent to ultimatum. surprisingly on the first action only the receiver was damaged, the bolt head was fine but on the second receiver the bolt head and action were both trashed

Attachments

• 61496772_376704996301817_3052591256229117952_n.jpg
    61496772_376704996301817_3052591256229117952_n.jpg
    133.7 KB · Views: 137
Wow I see the action lugs that seem sheered? But is that recoil lug cracked in 2?
Also what did ultimatum say caused these issues?
I'm assuming whoever did the heat treatment botched it real bad which could have bad consequences for people by injuring someone by blowing up the action.

They should get their ducks in a row and start calling up their customers and asking if anyone else is having issues and send out replacements asap or face some big lawsuits if someone gets injured.

Elmer

That looks like its galled very badly and peening. Im gonna say thats metallurgical issue. What are specifics of the 7 sherman, im not too familiarwith the shermans? Were you running any bolt grease?

Wow I see the action lugs that seem sheered? But is that recoil lug cracked in 2?
Also what did ultimatum say caused these issues?
I'm assuming whoever did the heat treatment botched it real bad which could have bad consequences for people by injuring someone by blowing up the action.

They should get their ducks in a row and start calling up their customers and asking if anyone else is having issues and send out replacements asap or face some big lawsuits if someone gets injured.

Elmer
Thats a split barrel nut designed to make barrel swaps easy, not a lug

Yeah that's a west Texas ordinance switchlug

The Sherman's are basically a saum ai. Blown out body taper and shoulders pushed back some then blown out to 40 degree

And yes the lugs were greased that morning before I started shooting

Last edited:
Reactions: 6brshooter
Yeah that's a west Texas ordinance switching

The Sherman's are basically a saum ai. Blown out body taper and shoulders pushed back some then blown out to 40 degree

And yes the lugs were greased that morning before I started shooting
How old was your action?

I spoke with customer service on 10/21. They told me the Defactos are expected to be shipping around the end of November. He also said this is no guarantee. I have a KRG X Ray chassis sitting around waiting on this action. The Rep said they also making a bottom safety trigger upgrade drop in for $20 that will address the Rem 700 trigger/safety issue. He also said I would need to trim the Magazine Latch on the KRG chassis to fit magazines.

Got a response today. It's gonna be another two weeks for the action to finish inspection and nitriding. They are still c@$k-blocked by the ATF waiting for a new export permit, expecting it "any day now", so that could add to the time frame.

Very happy to have some news, the rest of this project is getting dusty.

January 7 was told same thing

I gave up on it in early December. Called and got no answer. Sent an email requesting a refund and they responded immediately and had the money in bank 2-3 days later. Unfortunately I had to spend $45 sending my KRG chassis back but they refunded me everything else since I was at 90 days. Ended up building a ARC Nucleus gen 2. It’s a shame because this Ultimatum barreled action would have been a very budget friendly way to get into PRS.

Is the issue only with Defactos? I ordered a barreled Ultimatum Deadline in April and got it in June. I love the action and impressed with the barrel getting better than .5 MOA with Hornady 6CM ammo.

Last edited:
That is my understanding of the situation. My complaint, do not marketing to USA if you are unable to ship it.

All to common when your financing and beta testing is done by the public. How are you taking preorders for an action you apparently don’t have paperwork ready for export. Then handing out certs at prs match for an action that is not readily available or able to ship at the present time. I did my time beta testing an action, never again.

Reactions: schroed62
Ordered Deadline in June 2020 still waiting....
I ordered a barreled Deadline in mid August... Also still waiting. I live in Alberta, it's not even International ffs... I've gotten the "passed inspection, going in for nitriding, should ship in 3-4 weeks" story in October, again in November, and again in January... Real tempted to get a refund...

You’ve got more patience than me. I would definitely get a refund. So many great actions out there.

from ultimatum. my 7 sherman short mag has destroyed 2 of their actions so far but they think they have it figured out now. not even running pressure on them
I just went through the same thing with my 6.5 saum. Supposed to be sending me a new one (6-8 week wait est). Noticed the marks on the bolt after 283 rounds, looks like I noticed it sooner than you did. What sn do you have ? Maybe it was an early run of the gen 1.

Attachments

• 20210219_163307.jpg
    20210219_163307.jpg
    248.5 KB · Views: 89
  • 20210219_163257.jpg
    20210219_163257.jpg
    175.2 KB · Views: 85
  • 20210219_163234.jpg
    20210219_163234.jpg
    246.4 KB · Views: 90
Last edited:
I just went through the same thing with my 6.5 saum. Supposed to be sending me a new one (6-8 week wait est). Noticed the marks on the bolt after 283 rounds, looks like I noticed it sooner than you did. What sn do you have ? Maybe it was an early run of the gen 1.
no idea i sent the first 1 back 2 years ago and the second 1 went back 1 year ago. supposedly my third has shipped or is being shipped

neither of mine made it passed 125 rounds. first 1 was very deformed at 100 rounds and the second at 125

neither of mine made it passed 125 rounds. first 1 was very deformed at 100 rounds and the second at 125
That's crazy. Hopefully no one get's hurt with the action failing. I was told it was a 6-8 week wait on wednesday (march 10th). So hopefully they are getting actions out the door. I've heard they are about a year behind.

That's crazy. Hopefully no one get's hurt with the action failing. I was told it was a 6-8 week wait on wednesday (march 10th). So hopefully they are getting actions out the door. I've heard they are about a year behind.
They lost their import license and didn't get a new 1 until last week