• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Delta Stryker HD 4.5-30x56

When you have a scope with such a huge magnification range (5-50) it almost has to be SFP to have a useable reticle on both ends of the range.
You are right. I have the 4.5-30x56 Stryker in FFP. At x4.5 mag, in a hunting scenario, you are basically using the entire centre cross illuminated as an aiming point at anything under a 100 yards. The dot is just too small.

I bought a used scope so it didn't come with an instruction manual and I haven't been able to find anything useful online apart from the zeroing and reticle pdfs. Does anyone know of any additional user manuals? For example I'm curious what the height elevation markings on the turret correspond to? One full turret turn equals 3 markings on my scope and I simply don't get it.
I bought mine new and it didn't have a manual enclosed, so you're not alone.

Reactions: Islas82
I can’t find it on here right now, but I’m sure I’ve read that the Stryker and the Trijicon are the exact same scope but with different reticles offered.
Can anyone confirm/deny this?

I can’t find it on here right now, but I’m sure I’ve read that the Stryker and the Trijicon are the exact same scope but with different reticles offered.
I don’t think they’re the same. They are both LOW scopes and the scope body (shape and size) are similar but turrets, illumination and parallax adjustment is different. The parallax adjustment on the new 2020 Delta Stryker is huge. As of optical quality I couldn’t say since I never been behind a trijicon of this type but I can tell you that compared to my MK5 my stryker is right there optically, MK5 is a bit better past 1k yards in image quality but not much.

The Stryker, Trijicon, Cronus and Tract Toric are all the same basic scope with slight variations between models.

@beetroot: Apart from the cosmetics, external features, and reticles, do we know much about the difference in the internals / reliability between these models?

ILya might know the specifics, but I wouldn't let the minor difference sway my opinion.

I have a Delta Stryker and am 99% happy with it.
I love the turret setup on them but I'm not loving the reticle. There's a lot too be said about choosing the reticle you like best and just go for that.

Reactions: Iron Worker
I'm not a fan of the reticles on the Trijicon or the Athlon ...

What Delta reticle did you go for again?

What did you like? What did you not like?

I'm assuming you got this at least partly for comps ... Is there another of theirs that you think is better?

(Might have to go and talk with Scotty and the boys in the new year ... ;))

I'm not a fan of the reticles on the Trijicon or the Athlon ...

What Delta reticle did you go for again?

What did you like? What did you not like?

I'm assuming you got this at least partly for comps ... Is there another of theirs that you think is better?

(Might have to go and talk with Scotty and the boys in the new year ... ;))

I've got the LRD-1T.
The tree portion is great but I can't love the centre of the reticle, the centre cross and dot is great but the .5mil and .8mil crosses are just weird.

Compared to the EBR-7C I'm used to, holding less than a Mil of wind is just not as intuitive as normal .2mil hashes.
I am getting used to it but do prefer the EBR-7C.
If the tool less zero turrets weren't so damn awesome I probably wouldn't have bought the Stryker.

Having used both Stryker and Leica PRS. I liked the Stryker hd turret design but not the reticle. Leica glass is definitly a step up. I prefer plain reticles so in the end went with Leica and Ballistic reticle.
Only thing i wish it had were locking turrets a la the Stryker

Hmm .. now that I look at that LRD-1T again, I can't work out what those initial wind holds/subtensions are meant to be ... perhaps it's just the New Year's drinks? :)

Anyone know a subtension guide / diagram of a marked-up reticle for this one? It doesn't appear to be on the main retailers' sites, or on SageRatSafari's Master List.

1609409013427.png

I also find this reticle to be less intuitive. It takes some getting used to.

View attachment 7515917

I also find this reticle to be less intuitive. It takes some getting used to.

The LRD-1T is the same as this but with the added tree.

You can use different parts of the crosses to make .1/.2 mil holds but ultimately it's just a PITA. Perhaps if you view it as just having .5mil holds for the first mil then .2mil holds for the next 2, it makes more sense.

The reticle and the less than fantastic FOV are the only two things I don't like about the Stryker, everything else is great.
The FOV isn't particularly bad but I'm rather fond of a super wide FOV and I do notice it being narrower than my Vortex PST, which admittedly does have one of the best FOVs in the game.

The LRD-1T is the same as this but with the added tree.

You can use different parts of the crosses to make .1/.2 mil holds but ultimately it's just a PITA. Perhaps if you view it as just having .5mil holds for the first mil then .2mil holds for the next 2, it makes more sense.

The reticle and the less than fantastic FOV are the only two things I don't like about the Stryker, everything else is great.
The FOV isn't particularly bad but I'm rather fond of a super wide FOV and I do notice it being narrower than my Vortex PST, which admittedly does have one of the best FOVs in the game.

Dont know why I did not take the picture with the P reticle instead of the T. But as you state, the main portion of the reticle is the same.
It annoys me that there are both .1 and .2 jumps and worst of all is that the vertical stadia is different than the other ones.
To me, the DLR1 reticle is more intuitive and thus faster to use. The Delta Strykers are pretty popular around here. LRD, the company behind the design has a lot of things going for them, but they are very slow to develop anything. It took them 5 years to get the JET-01 chassis out to market and it is still in very limited supply.

It's not too bad.
Just remember .5mil and .8mil for the 2 crosses and just hold somewhere in between for other holds.

Folk have gotten away with .5mil only reticles for many years.
It is odd that they've made it that way but not like it's impossible to use.

It's not too bad.
Just remember .5mil and .8mil for the 2 crosses and just hold somewhere in between for other holds.

Folk have gotten away with .5mil only reticles for many years.
It is odd that they've made it that way but not like it's impossible to use.

It's not impossible but I know that if I can't read the reticle fast and intuitively when I'm sitting by a computer at home, I will definitely have problems with it at a competition when I have to use the reticle under time constraints. That thinking has helped me rule out a lot of scopes that might have ended up costing me both a lot of money and competition results. Not that I am an elite shooter, but we all know it sucks to miss when you know you could have done better.

Reactions: beetroot
It's not impossible but I know that if I can't read the reticle fast and intuitively when I'm sitting by a computer at home, I will definitely have problems with it at a competition when I have to use the reticle under time constraints. That thinking has helped me rule out a lot of scopes that might have ended up costing me both a lot of money and competition results. Not that I am an elite shooter, but we all know it sucks to miss when you know you could have done better.

I've only used the Stryker at one competition, I was able to use the smaller than .5mil holds but it was not as easy as the EBR-7c.
It's a real shame as everything else about the Delta Stryker is fantastic and I can't see any good reason to design the reticle the way they have.

I've only used the Stryker at one competition, I was able to use the smaller than .5mil holds but it was not as easy as the EBR-7c.
It's a real shame as everything else about the Delta Stryker is fantastic and I can't see any good reason to design the reticle the way they have.

To be fair, the reticles Delta had before the Stryker HD was available was total crap. The LRD guys has done something good, even if some of their designs are weird. It just goes to show that everything does not fit everyone. Look att the LRR-Mil reticle, same guys behind it and it does nothing to appeal to me.

I like and use the DLR1 reticle in my Stryker. My favourite reticle is the MSR, but I can get by with less.

I love the LRD-1T reticle - you just have to get used to it. The line sizing is perfect and the target acquisition area is amazing, but I'll agree with those who say the increments inside 1 mil of wind hold are not ideal and do require you to memorize some unintuitive values. But the glass, turrets, etc are worth it to me for sure - it's a scope I can't ever see a need to upgrade from.

Reactions: Iron Worker
Here's mine, newly mounted in a 6mil Spuhr mount, I love the look of the Spuhr but cant help but think it's completely overkill for 99% of what I'll do with the rifle.

I must agree with patriot07 in that the reticle is excellent other than the 1st Mil from centre, the centre cross/dot is well sized as is the rest of the reticle. I like the crosses at each Mil in the tree, much easier to see at lower magnification than dots.

The glass and turrets really are great, I still maintain the only complaints are the centre portion of the reticle and the FOV could be better.

IMG_1658.JPG

Reactions: VargmatII
What rifle is that?
The receiver looks like a Tikka but the bolt release is in the wrong place.

Sako TRG 22.

And I agree that the Spuhr ISMS is overkill in some ways, but I like fit and forget type items, it falls into that category. And it looks super clean with the direct mount on the TRG.

@beetroot: A few months on ... any updates on the Stryker's reliability? Anything else worth reporting?

I haven't used it as much as I would've liked but reliability is great.
Cannot fault the fit, finish or function.

Shot two matches with it so far and it's preformed great, have another match in a few months and expect it to do just as well.

Hopefully will do some more rimfire shooting in next few months, which typically involves a lot of dialing so should be a good test.

I still love the tool less zero, by far my favorite feature. I've also come to discover that the eyebox is very forgiving, had the scope mounted on the wrong rails slot (too far forward) and never had an issue with getting a good sight picture.

Good to hear ... I had a *very* quick look through one at Reloaders on Sat, but was rushing it, as it was just on closing time ... always tricky testing scopes just on the hand, and not mounted, but the eyebox seemed slightly finicky ... my guess is it's a combination of my eyesight, and not having any reference points to hold it in place.

Good to hear ... I had a *very* quick look through one at Reloaders on Sat, but was rushing it, as it was just on closing time ... always tricky testing scopes just on the hand, and not mounted, but the eyebox seemed slightly finicky ... my guess is it's a combination of my eyesight, and not having any reference points to hold it in place.
I definitely wouldn't call the eyebox finicky, even at 30x it's nice and forgiving.

Not sure what your intended use is but given the pricing of NZ scopes I don't think you can do any better than the Stryker for 3k.

Reactions: SlimySquirrel
I used mine for the first time last week.
Was pleasantly surprised by the eye box. ver had an issue getting sight picture and it was nice and sharp.
Ignore the yardage on the parallax though. Just dial to clear sight picture.

Love mine

Newly refreshed model seem to have a more forgivable paralax ,orignal one had something 3/4 to get to 300y/m and then 15° to get to infinity great for a Rimifre but pain in the ass for any longer range shooting as you are fidling that parallax wheel all the time. Had one for a year .

Newly refreshed model seem to have a more forgivable paralax ,orignal one had something 3/4 to get to 300y/m and then 15° to get to infinity great for a Rimifre but pain in the ass for any longer range shooting as you are fidling that parallax wheel all the time. Had one for a year .

From my experience this is not that big of an issue. I shot a field shooting competition, wich is the biggest competition of its kind in Sweden last year using the Delta Stryker on my TRG. It had 15 stages with at least 2 steel targets each, going from about 170 meters all the way out to 1200 meters. I went pretty much the whole day with the parallax setting just below the infinity mark, and had no issues.
Shooting 300 meters or less, the parallax is more picky than it is beyond that range. At least that is what I have found.

After a year of shooting with the Stryker HD, my biggest issue with it is turret feel. The clicks are a bit mushy and the parallax is still very tight. I dont have a problem using it and it seems to track perfectly. But I miss the fantastic feel of my previous Schmidt & Bender PM2. I still feel that the glass is top notch on the Stryker HD. No issues at all with the eyebox, I feel that the Delta is pretty forgiving/roomy.

Last edited:
I definitely wouldn't call the eyebox finicky, even at 30x it's nice and forgiving.

Not sure what your intended use is but given the pricing of NZ scopes I don't think you can do any better than the Stryker for 3k.
Thanks. Ultimate use would be on a comp rimfire - but will possibly need to do infill duty on a new 6.5 Creed until I have the scratch for something better (likely NF or ZCO) ...

After reading your experience with the scope I have decided to pull the trigger on one. It all good news with this scope.

My 2nd Stryker 4.5-30 is arriving tomorrow. Moving my pre-2020 model to my rimfire and fitting the new model to my range rifle. Can’t fault the Stryker.

Now just wish I could justify getting a unimount from Sphur for both scopes.

My 2nd Stryker 4.5-30 is arriving tomorrow. Moving my pre-2020 model to my rimfire and fitting the new model to my range rifle. Can’t fault the Stryker.

Now just wish I could justify getting a unimount from Sphur for both scopes.
With two scopes you obviously need two mounts. Go on and place an order for them.

got Delta Optical Stryker HD 4.5-30x56 LRD-1T for our ''NRL22''. was looking for 34mm tube, because i allready have 20 MOA monomount for it.

I realy don't like how turrets unscrew for settings (pain in the ass), i don't like locking turets, i dont like so big turrets. magnification ring is very tight, paralax ring a little less tight than magnification.

inner reticle is less intuitive than straight 0.2 MIL separation. paralax is now turning 7/8 of a turn, so it is very suitable for big calibers too, just like for 22lr.

i didnt have the option for choosing between all japan scopes of the same design like tract toric 4.5-30x56, athlon cronus btr 4.5-29x56 and trijicon tenmile 4.5-30x56. i could only choose between worse and pricier athlon cronus btr (and delta). so no real options.

maybe if i could choose, i would go with tract toric because of same nice optic, but different reticle and turets. trijicon is probably the same as delta but pricier. but paralax setting is probably the best (the longest) at delta and trijicon.

but illumination of reticle is quite different; only at delta is illuminated small portion of the inner section, all other reticles are illuminated all of them.

Last edited:
Mounted up in badger meduims.
Dials accurately and is super easy to get behind. Throw lever is a must as my power ring is STIFF
IMG_1671.JPG

If you know anyone who wants one, there's currently one on TM for NZ$2400.

I'm still not convinced about the reticle ... but then Bushnell went and used a non-intuitive .25 mil hash marks on the DMR3, rather than a sensible .2/tenths-based system also ...

Last edited:
If you know anyone who wants one, there's currently one on TM for NZ$2400.

I'm still convinced about the reticle ... but then Bushnell went and used a non-intuitive .25 mil hash marks on the DMR3, rather than a sensible .2/tenths-based system also ...
.25 mil is still more intuitive than the mess that is the LRD-1T, so long as a reticle is consistent you can work with it, if the first 2 mils (the ones you use all the time) are such mishmash of different ideas it's a PITA to use.

Otherwise the scope is excellent, if you are someone who doesn't care about reticles it's a good choice.

.25 mil is still more intuitive than the mess that is the LRD-1T, so long as a reticle is consistent you can work with it, if the first 2 mils (the ones you use all the time) are such mishmash of different ideas it's a PITA to use.

Otherwise the scope is excellent, if you are someone who doesn't care about reticles it's a good choice.
That's very helpful - thanks!

Think I'll hold off for a better option for now ...

That's very helpful - thanks!

Think I'll hold off for a better option for now ...
I should add I know quite a few people who use the Stryker and don't have quite as strong opinions as I do.
There are quite a few of them at NZ competitions these days, if you are interested you should be able to get a decent look through and play with one.