• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Democrat-Run NYC Loses $1 Trillion as Wall Street Firms Flee

PatMiles

Private
Minuteman
Feb 25, 2017

The glorious demise of Democrat-run cities marches on with the news that nearly 160 Wall Street firms have fled Democrat-run New York City, taking $1 trillion — with a “T” — in assets with them.
Meanwhile, this same New York City, which is a proud sanctuary city, is drowning under tens of thousands of illegal aliens.
Oh, how I love it when people get what they voted for:

Nearly 160 Wall Street firms have moved their headquarters out of New York since the end of 2019, taking nearly $1 trillion — yes, that’s a trillion with a “T” — in assets under management with them, according to data from 17,000 companies compiled by Bloomberg.
Looking to dodge rampant crime, stiff taxes and an increasingly exorbitant cost of living, 158 fed-up financial firms representing a whopping $993 billion in assets have packed up and left the Big Apple, taking thousands of high-paid employees with them, the data shows.

Yes, you smug New Yorkers, with your terrible choices and ideas, you basically voted to boot 158 Wall Street firms, their employees and families, and then replace them by importing third-world gangs and welfare scammers.
But at least the mean tweets have ceased.
And where are these 158 Wall Street firms moving? Mostly to our MAGA Utopia, of course. To the South. To Florida and other southern states where we lock up criminals, where our streets, air, and water are clean and safe, where everyone owns a gun but there’s almost no gun violence, where people of all races and creeds live together in relative harmony; where hate crimes, mass shootings, and carjacking are rare; where you can walk the streets at night; where the schools don’t groom, and people mostly mind their own business.
In all, 56 of the New York firms have decamped to Florida, while most of those remaining also headed to warmer states such as Texas and the Carolinas, according to the report. New York isn’t the only major loser, with California also having lost $1 trillion in financial assets under management to Florida, Texas and other lower-cost states.
Imagine what this drain is doing to New York’s tax base. The city is losing all these millionaires and billionaires. And who’s going to fill all that office space? Who’s going to continue to fund the Lincoln Center and the like? Who will buy or lease those empty apartments and homes?
Leftism is always a recipe for failure, always. Sadly for the left, free people are free to flee leftism, to vote with their feet. See ya!
Don’t feel bad for New York. This is what New York wants. And I hope they get more… A lot more.

NO REFUNDS! FAFO!

The red state governments you ornately described, including Florida, acknowledge and continue to work with and support an unconstitutional unelected federal gov’t. Money stolen from the red state productive class at gunpoint by red state police will happily be given to New York to keep that city viable. The reality is nothing like you laid it out.

Dingleberry mayor keeps calling it a crisis. You can't call it a crisis when YOU ASKED FOR IT.
Go ask the millionaire De Blasio and the billionaire Bloomberg for the money, they started it. Then you spent millions to "inherit" the problem.

Last edited:
The red state governments you ornately described, including Florida, acknowledge and continue to work with and support an unconstitutional unelected federal gov’t. Money stolen from the red state productive class at gunpoint by red state police will happily be given to New York to keep that city viable. The reality is nothing like you laid it out.
So, stop paying taxes, then. You are supporting it, right now.

Reactions: Yasherka
Yes, it is kind of ironic we give some new guy grief for his rabble rousing posts that encourage us to begin discussing treasonous acts when we have our very own wade2big for that. Hell, we don't need no undercover feds.

Thats what I told @wade2big.

One needs to be willing to accept the consequence of that action. It wont be pleasant but hey.....principle. I have none.

Reactions: Ronws
I think everyone is missing his point. One person trying to stand up to illegitimate/stolen elections, money laundering and corruption with tax payer dollars, he gets crushed by the Stazi. (J6, et. el.)
Nobody wants to just run into the meat grinder... Well, in the US anyway.

I think everyone is missing his point. One person trying to stand up to illegitimate/stolen elections, money laundering and corruption with tax payer dollars, he gets crushed by the Stazi. (J6, et. el.)
And so the meat grinder keeps running. I know the secret to how the commies are winning.

(looking cautiously both ways)

They don't give up and do not have fear of any machine grinding them. They may be evil but they have backbone, that's for damn sure. And they can triumph because good men are doing nothing.

There aren't enough numbers yet of those with nothing else left to lose. The only way real change will happen is if the majority misses their 3rd meal in a row.