• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

DESERT CAMO JOBS

SANDMAN555

Private
Supporter
Minuteman
Apr 7, 2010
MIAMI FL
hey guys I'm looking for ideas for a desert camo finish on my new rifle. Any pics or ideas are welcome. Thanks for the input, ill post pictures of mine when its all finished.

Re: DESERT CAMO JOBS

DSC04549.jpg

DSC04552.jpg

Im getting very familiar with that couch, but never get tired of looking at that rifle and scope.
wink.gif

USMCj,PGS,
What colors are used in your patterns?I like them both and can't decide on a favorite.Excellent work!

LOL, You would have to ask McMillan, its their standard molded in desert camo. Same as GAP camo but with desert colors.

But its something like Tan, Coyote Brown and a mix of Tan/Coyote for the 3rd color.

Thanks guys,for help with the colors!Like to do something similar on my rifle.

Isnt there already a few threads on this???

Just finish another Sand color, green one 308 , Sand color 260rem with 8flue spiral twist, 150depth, Just come off the mill yesterday.
IMG_2911.jpg

the camo doesn't do much good unless the SCOPE is done as well.

But i understand the hesitation, you can always sell scope for quick cash, its a bit difficult to do if painted..

DSC00701.jpg

Here's what mine looked like before it went to the smith, cant wait to get it back!

-Felipe

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: huntinaz</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
IMG_0740-1.jpg

IMG_0737-1.jpg

GAP with a little green.
IMG_0755-1.jpg

Not my rifle, But love the camo.

6dzwd0-1.jpg
</div></div>

u got any of the one off to the right? looks like a multi cm variation

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SANDMAN555</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
huntinaz said:
u got any of the one off to the right? looks like a multi cm variation</div></div>

Once again, not my rifle. They are KYShooters rifles

20it9hd.jpg

wow that is niiice!!!! now i may end up doing a multicam gun. we'll see when the time comes

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: PGS</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Xandsandrock001.jpg

raindogs006.jpg

Krylon duty.....gotta do the scope too bro!! </div></div>Excellent pics.

Desert cat camo
P4140555.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mq1kael</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I know not a Precision rifle but it is a kinda desert camo

IMG_0793.jpg
</div></div>

hey brother its awesome, i actually like the way it looks. im after the pattern, not the rifle. i need ideason what to do w my gun. but it is a good looking ak

Here's mine... M700P trued, glued, and tattooed (w/USMC EGA, name, and rank), Rock 24" Sendero taper barrel in 1/11.5, Badger M5, Recoil lug, Bolt Handle, and FTE Brake, in a Manners' MCS T1, finished by the now defunct (?) LTM (who did an awesome job!)... All packed into a Pelican case with my SA 1911 Compact, TIS Quick Cuff, and other insundries.... Has LTM ever regrouped???

002.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: huntinaz</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
IMG_0740-1.jpg

IMG_0737-1.jpg

GAP with a little green.
IMG_0755-1.jpg

6dzwd0-1.jpg
</div></div>

its like a desert color multicam pattern. its origonal and i like it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SANDMAN555</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: huntinaz</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
IMG_0740-1.jpg

IMG_0737-1.jpg

GAP with a little green.
IMG_0755-1.jpg

6dzwd0-1.jpg
</div></div>

its like a desert color multicam pattern. its origonal and i like it. </div></div>

can you give me a step by step on how this was done? maybe w pics? i like the idea, might do something like this, minus the Cats lol. I got something else in mind....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SANDMAN555</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SANDMAN555</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: huntinaz</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
IMG_0740-1.jpg

IMG_0737-1.jpg

GAP with a little green.
IMG_0755-1.jpg

6dzwd0-1.jpg
</div></div>

its like a desert color multicam pattern. its origonal and i like it. </div></div>

can you give me a step by step on how this was done? maybe w pics? i like the idea, might do something like this, minus the Cats lol. I got something else in mind....</div></div>

That paint was done by a professional. Also on the Mcm stocks, its molded in. (Most of the time)

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gunboy2006</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Just finish another Sand color, green one 308 , Sand color 260rem with 8flue spiral twist, 150depth, Just come off the mill yesterday.
IMG_2911.jpg
</div></div>

very nice, whose barrell's did you use for each build. i have a blank i am interested in fluting similar. how much did the mill work run for the flutes?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Rob01</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Desert cat camo
P4140555.jpg

</div></div>

can you give me a step by step on how this was done? maybe w pics? i like the idea, might do something like this, minus the Cats lol. I got something else in mind....

On another board I saw a picture that Roscoe posted. IT was a Tan Stiller action with a desert flecktarn manners stock, it looks BADASS!!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Northland</div><div class="ubbcode-body">On another board I saw a picture that Roscoe posted. IT was a Tan Stiller action with a desert flecktarn manners stock, it looks BADASS!!!</div></div> quickquote teh post and put it on here. Why the link to STR in your quote, may i ask?

Sorry, here is another non-bolt gun. I tried to go for a camo that would work in either desert or urban/ woodland. In the Central CA area I live it is dry enough that 10 months out of the year this is pretty effective. I used to paint with Krylon but recently switched to Brownells "Aervoe" brand. I prefer their colors and think they are a bit more life-like than Krylon. For comparison, the magazine was from an old Krylon job. As you can see, Krylon's "khaki" and the "sand" from Aervoe are quite different. Anyways, here goes:

826769612_GHwUr-X3-2.jpg

826773817_LmrSL-XL-1.jpg

826770558_T4R5u-XL-2.jpg

i like it, it looks like my m4 over here, except i used tan and brown. used home accents paints from home depot, and it worked out really good for me. its even got some sandy grit in it to keep the extra dull finish.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ser1982</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gunboy2006</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Just finish another Sand color, green one 308 , Sand color 260rem with 8flue spiral twist, 150depth, Just come off the mill yesterday.
IMG_2911.jpg
</div></div>

very nice, whose barrell's did you use for each build. i have a blank i am interested in fluting similar. how much did the mill work run for the flutes? </div></div>

Just as a Hobbies, Will be doing Ar15barrel and Ar10barrel, but Got a few 338lapua barrel to do before thread&chambering.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ES45acp</div><div class="ubbcode-body">the camo doesn't do much good unless the SCOPE is done as well.</div></div>

Is this better??

100_1428.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SANDMAN555</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Northland</div><div class="ubbcode-body">On another board I saw a picture that Roscoe posted. IT was a Tan Stiller action with a desert flecktarn manners stock, it looks BADASS!!!</div></div> quickquote teh post and put it on here. Why the link to STR in your quote, may i ask? </div></div>

Here's a link to the rifle I was talking about.

http://i39.tinypic.com/dnhoh0.jpg

I have the link because he built my rifle. He built a great rifle, quick turn around, and just a great guy! I had a really good experience with usinghim. I don't work for him or anything. Just if you're looking to have a rifle built, give him a call.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jasonk</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
idgbo3.jpg
</div></div>

nice bolt. Hows the ergo on that stock?