• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sidearms & Scatterguns Desert Eagle 50AE

BKSSNIPER

Minuteman
May 8, 2005
Arkansas
Anybody got one? I bought one and plan to use it for hunting. Looking for suggestions for a way to carry it, a hill people kit bag maybe?

I have the belt holster for the 10" barrel version which is cut down the ridge, so you only have to lift up a few inches before drawing out the front.
You do need a big sturdy belt to hold it. It's designed to be worn on your hip.

Depending on your size, you might try a thigh rig or a chest harness for it.

Also if you have it scoped then you want to make sure the holster is cut for the scope ring spacing.

Reactions: BKSSNIPER
I had the Ti gold .50 AE. Great pistol. Super reliable. Much softer recoil than you'd think. My Desert Eagle sported a custom belt/holster combo that was built for IWB and OWB carry. IWB was stupid; so was OWB. If I was to do it over again, I'd go with a chest rig.

I took it hunting and shot two white tail deer with Gold Dots. Bang flopped a doe with a neck shot. I actually got lucky and shot her on the run at 30 yards. Got another deer, this time it was a buck, with one shot through the vitals. Both animals dropped in their tracks.

Reactions: BKSSNIPER
Had a friend get shot with a de.
Soft armor under plates.
Taken off the feet, passed out shortly, trip to er to get lung checked, cracked rib
Spiderweb bruised on chest for over a month. Could not laugh for a lot longer.

Ironically the team laughed their ass off at vidio of this guy popping back up
For a mag dump before passing out compleatly.

Threat gone permanently. Would pay to see vidio but destroyed per sop damn it.
Was not allowed to take pix of wound either.

The shit some patriats volenteer for !

Last edited:
Were the plates the large ceramic rifle rated plates, or were they the small little metal strike plates for the undercover vests?

Full up heavy ceramic I belive since weight was a concern.
I was consulted the nite before for advise and asked if the ceramic may be too heavy
For the task and if soft would be good enough.

Concealment not an issue. Known shooters / cop killers.
Asked operator if both were possible, I would use both.

Had no details of ops just a "bad situation" as to targets.
Took my advice and double bagged it.
Has never regretted that over bearing concern on my part since.

Op took to putting padding under plates ever since that day, even in sandville.

People were looking at him funny while gearing up in sandville as he stuffed behind the plates,
"Better ones isued to those teams" and someone asked the team leader wtf.

Leader said because he had been shot before, people went scrambling for "stuffing" lol

I'll ask about the plates, If I remember metal was ? 26lb and ceramic 40 ish ?
But I belive no time to get the metal was available for someone asap.

I guess that's a pretty important life lesson that you need to put padding between your plates & the soft armor.
I kind of thought the Ceramic plates over the top of the IIIA vest would be enough to stop getting broken ribs and such.

The padding came later with the light weight plates.
Evidently de 50 hits hard, hope I don't find out.

I never had a deagle in 50 but I had one in 44 and liked it. I regret selling it, but bought an Lar grizzly in 45 win mag. I found the deagle accurate and reliable with very manageable recoil. And if you ran outa shells you could easily use it as a heavy hammer lol

Never had much interest in the desert eagles until they came out with the L5. Hoping to pick up an L5 in .50AE sometime in the next year or so.

Traded a junky 300AAC AR hog gun and a cheap case and 40 rds for an early Israeli 50AE. Don't think the dealer knew what he had. Feels like it takes two men and a boy to rack the slide. Recoil wasn't near as bad as expected, but 'you can't shoot it like your 1911'. i wondered what that line in the operator's manual was all about until the 1st round went off. Carry it in a shoulder rig by MASC (made in Turkey, sold by Amazon). Doesn't feel much more heavy than a full size 1911 and 2 mags.

The .50AE Desert Eagle with a gold plated finish is my dream gun to own. My dad has the .357 version and a co-worker has the .44 version. I have shot both.

The .50AE Desert Eagle with a gold plated finish is my dream gun to own. My dad has the .357 version and a co-worker has the .44 version. I have shot both.

You need the Gold plated tiger stripe edition.
Or perhaps some of the really fancy gold engraved ornate ones.

I'll stick with the standard Stainless / Nickel finish... much easier to clean off.

I actually like their battle worn finish, but it's not available in the 10" version.

2BE56776-73FB-4610-8F71-580AFFD78786.jpeg

Reactions: Firedude
I have a DE .50AE, love it, it’s a really fun gun to shoot, but I fully admit to everyone it’s a novelty gun.
Also have video of friend bumping firing my DE, but it’s NSFW ( cussing)

I have carried mine a few times in a leg holster. You notice at first but after few minutes didn’t bother me too much as I didn’t noticed I had 6lb gun on my thigh. I’m not huge guy (163lbs) but reality outside of maybe mountain hunting or something a DE isn’t ideal for carry.

Attachments

• D3062389-94E3-4910-B1C6-7F349A749870.jpeg
    D3062389-94E3-4910-B1C6-7F349A749870.jpeg
    472.9 KB · Views: 28
  • 5E44829E-4D79-4010-882A-EBEDF7CB1377.jpeg
    5E44829E-4D79-4010-882A-EBEDF7CB1377.jpeg
    688.8 KB · Views: 135
Last edited:
For hunting, I would carry it in a chest rig. That way I wouldn't have the weight dragging my trousers down, and could have reasonable access to it. That pistol isn't designed for fast draw in any case. Plus, a nice chest rig with a flap over the butt of the pistol could help protect the pistol from the rigors of going through the bush. But I'm lucky and can make my own holsters. There are plenty of decent leather workers out there that could make you a decent rig.

edited to add: I would support the pistol with straps over both shoulders, a strap around the back and anchoring the pistol down with straps going around your trouser belt on both sides. That would keep the pistol in one place, and make it very comfortable to wear, while providing easy access to it. I don't suppose extra magazines would be needed, but perhaps a few extra rounds on one of the straps would be useful.

Last edited:
Maybe late to the party here, but I just bought one last month. Took awhile to get it being in Commifornia. Got the DE44 in Burnt Bronze, and a black .50 barrel with IMB. The recoil from the .50 barrel with IMB is almost the same as the stock .44 barrel. I cannot tell the difference between the two. This is the first had gun I have ever bought. I'm 61 now, bought it because I could.
20200504_190507.jpg
20200504_190000.jpg