• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

desert gap camo krylon colors?

SilencercoJames

Sergeant
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
May 30, 2008
kearns, ut, 84118
I want to try to paint my AICS 1.5 in gap style desert camo. I need some help deciphering krylon colors from all of the dozens on pics i have been looking at. If any one has done the job with krylon please chime in with help and please post pics for comparison.

I have done tons on searching and reading but just cant find what colors were used.

thanks

Re: desert gap camo krylon colors?

well the only flat, camo colors they offer are black, brown, tan and od green

Yah i have used their camo stuff before, the ultra flat stuff but am kinda looking for the lighter tans and similar colors that others have been using in duracote.

The satin stuff isn't really flat and still has some shine to it. I would just recommend Duracote and be done with it.

Yeah, the satin's not so flat. tried some on my rifle, wanted a different shade of o.d. put a coat on, and it was too shiny. If you want different colors, go w/ some of the other suggestions.

Eric