• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Desert Tactical Arms SRS 338 LM

mark payton

Private
Minuteman
Mar 14, 2010
Iam wanting to buy a new rifle and was thinking about the srs chabered in the 338 lm. I was wondering if any of you on here knows any thing about these rifles? Im looking for somthing to shoot out to 1000 yrds+ and may be this is not what i need. I really like the compactness of it and the weight. DTA advertises 1/2" moa. May be some imput on this for me. I hope i posted this in the right section.

This is the gun I am looking at

http://www.deserttacticalarms.com/stealth-recon-scout-srs-338-lm/

Thanks

Re: Desert Tactical Arms SRS 338 LM

What kind of targets do you engage at 1K? There are plenty of platforms (calibers that is) will get you to 1K, without mortgaging your house to shoot. There is no doubt that a 338LM is a joy to shoot. It is more for beyond 1200 yards. Again, you can shoot it at 100 yards or 300 yards also, but very costly that's all.

My 243, 308, 300 wm will reach 1K without any issues. The 300 WM can go much further than that. Like I said, if you are set for a 338LM, be prepared to feed it $5 dollar bill for each shot, unless you reload.

Yes, .338LM is an expensive round to shoot and you're best off making your own hand loads. It really beats the socks off of .300WM when you get out past 1200 yards, but if you're not shooting that far then I don't think it's worth it. You can buy loaded .300WM ammo for significantly less than .338LM.

FWIW, last week I drilled a 10x17" steel target at 1750 yards with my .338LM SRS - it's a very accurate rifle.

i have heard nothing but good things about their guns and their people have been nothing but helpfull in my talks with them. I fully plan on getting one myself here shortly if not two, lol that new .408 is looking pretty nice
laugh.gif

Mark340..

This thread http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=1663092&page=1 goes over alot of different things lol

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BigJoe</div><div class="ubbcode-body">i have heard nothing but good things about their guns and their people have been nothing but helpfull in my talks with them. I fully plan on getting one myself here shortly if not two, lol that new .408 is looking pretty nice
laugh.gif
</div></div>

BigJoe---You know I am going to have to steer you to the 375 over that 408 right lol?