• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Desert Tech MDR 6.5 Creedmoor

Willie Miller V

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 20, 2013
Have they released the MDR in 6.5 Creedmoor yet? I have seen the 556, 300 Blackout and 308. I’ve seen little of the 6.5

They can't even get the 308s out in quantity yet. 223 have yet to ship. Creedmoor will be a ways out.

I'm curious to see ideas on how to get the gas system to work with creedmoor, .260, etc.

Also I think they are planning to bring out more of the lighter stuff like a 7.62x39mm, 6.8SPC conversions and the like before they bring out the bigger conversions. for amusement I half want a .338 Federal conversion.

I picked up a .308 yesterday to try out. Heading to the range tomorrow for some break in and testing.
IMG_20180124_143716404.jpg

MACHTECH with a setup like that I'd love to see some 5x5 or 3x10 shot groups once you find a load it likes. We still don't have statistically significant accuracy testing from anyone other than CBM who is an employee of DT. Along with all the usual impressions of course :).

Also a word of warning, depending on the bipod used the handguard might crack: https://bullpupforum.com/index.php?topic=12566.40

Potts, Thanks for the heads up on the forearm cracking. I'll keep an eye out for that today! I did get the longer forearm yesterday and mounted a pic rail to it for my LRA bipod. I'll try to get some pics today of how it does grouping.
IMG_20180125_163241604.jpg

Looks great, excited to hear your results! Is that a TBAC can on the end? I've been told the MDR is quite gassy with the higher back pressure cans, let me know if you find that to be the case.

Range report: sorry I didn't take any pics yesterday because I wasn't very impressed with any of the groups I shot. IMO, the trigger on this thing does not lend itself to great groups! Federal GMM grouped the best at right around moa with 5 shots. Don't get me wrong, I loved everything about the gun except the trigger. With my tbac can, it was pretty gassy! I had quite the black streak running from the corner of my mouth down my jaw line when I was done. Nothing a piece of duc tape won't fix next time though. The forend held up fine and the gun ran flawless all day!

Range report: sorry I didn't take any pics yesterday because I wasn't very impressed with any of the groups I shot. IMO, the trigger on this thing does not lend itself to great groups! Federal GMM grouped the best at right around moa with 5 shots. Don't get me wrong, I loved everything about the gun except the trigger. With my tbac can, it was pretty gassy! I had quite the black streak running from the corner of my mouth down my jaw line when I was done. Nothing a piece of duc tape won't fix next time though. The forend held up fine and the gun ran flawless all day!

Do you by chance have a trigger pull gauge and can tell us the trigger weight on yours?

Sorry, I had the gun broke down and soaking. It's a dirty bugger to clean! I just re-assembled it and checked the trigger. It is right at 6 pounds.

Todd

Reactions: ES-Tactical
The link is to my busted handguard. Mines on the way back to DT as the charging handle doesn't lock back using the left side CH. Had tried to take it out once more before sending it back, but the handguard broke at the M-lok rail after 20 rounds (total of 100 across two sessions). Moved it rearward but started pulling through after another 20 rounds so gave up for the day and sent back to DT.

Best groups for me so far were 155gr Amax at or just under MOA 5 shot group. FGMM 175s haven't done as well so far, but will give them another run when the rifle shows back up.

Mine has run reliably so far other than one weird jam. Not sure what happened there..pulled the ejector clip panel and it had a live round in it. Removed, dropped mag, cycled CH, back together and was shooting again fine.

I'd agree on the trigger. I've moved recently and haven't been able to locate my trigger pull gage, but it feels more like 6.4# than the 'crisp 4.6#' claimed in the manual. It's not a terrible trigger but not a Precision one IMO. There's an aftermarket one in the works, but also waiting to see how DT resolves this.

Mag release remains stiff AF on mine.