• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

desert tech srs trigger adjust, safety and chamber

kevc1

Private
Minuteman
Feb 5, 2014
20140330_113652.jpg20140330_163032.jpgi emailed desert tech last monday and i'm calling tomorrow because i haven't got a response yet, but there is no adjustment screw in the front of the trigger for creep adjustment. i just thought i would post here to see if anyone knows if its a change in design or i have received a bad unit. to add to this, the safety is super light and floats around when its on fire and cocked, and when its uncocked. if you shake the rifle a little bit or walk around with it you can hear it moving around. the last thing is where the round sits in the chamber it's kinda chewed up on the right hand side. the black coating is scraped off where the head of the case seats. its a desert tech srs a1 in 308 with a 22" barrel. there is no one else around here that i know of that has one that i could look at for reference thank you for your help

Last edited:
On my SRS there is a creep adjustment. I'm not sure if that has been designed out. I'm not sure why they would. Its a good design.

Mine also had the loose safety like you talk about here. I called DT about it and they send me out a new trigger assembly. It had the same issue. I ended up taking a punch and tapping the ball detent out a little more to increase the tension on the safety switch. It took a few iterations to get it just right, but it is way better than how it came from the factory now. Previously you could disengage the safety just by slapping the gun. They need to increase this tension from the factory IMO.

Mine does't have the creep adjustment as well. I would be interested in hearing their response.

Just talked to Ryan at DT and they made some prototypes without the creep adjust. I'm sending it back to have a new trigger assembly installed. He said the loose safety was part of it. The chamber finish being scraped he said was probably due to a burr and they are going to fix that too.

Have you tried moving your trigger back. On the left side of the trigger is a hex screw (Page 31 of the owner's manual). Loosen it and slide the trigger back. The screw to adjust creep may be under the trigger.