• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Designated Marksmanship Match and Training in Southwest Virginia July 12, 2014

silentbushmaster

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 15, 2010
Wytheville, Va
Designated Marksmanship Match and Training July 12, 2014: We have had a few folks that wanted to get some training in the basics of performance in a designated marksmanship type match. The training will be provided at the Bangsteel.com training location in Bland Virginia. The training will be about 2 hours verbal training to go over gear, styles, and safety, and performance measures. We will then have instructors to provide training while shooting from barricades and general designated marksmanship scenarios. After both training modules we will then shoot a 4 stage course for score and provide cash rewards for top shooters. We will then shoot the ACCU-SHOT Challenge for a chance to win a $300.00 gift certificate from ACCU-SHOT. This is a hands on course and you will be shooting all day and will need to bring a lunch and any drinks that you may need for the day.

Training Covered:

• Fundamentals of Precision Marksmanship
• Multiple Target Engagements
• Barricades Shooting Positions
• Gear and Match Preparation
• Safety Procedure
• Tactical Shooting Positions
• Known Distance Tactical Shooting

Gear List:

• Rifle capable of MOA accuracy and a ballistic drop chart out to 1000 yards. : No zero stage and you will need to be ready to begin training.
• Headgear
• Eye and Ear protection
• Note taking material
• Bipods “9-13” recommended, rear support bag, small shooting bag for positional shooting.
• (150) Rounds of ammunition for your rifle.

All levels of shooters are encouraged to attend; this will allow each shooter a preparation period to learn what to do, rather than what they should have done after shooting a stage unprepared. The train up period will provide shooters some time to learn what works best on a barricade or DMR stage and to later shoot for score. The fee for the entire day will be $100 for each shooter. We will have small groups for training and will limit the number to only 20 shooters and a few slots have been taken at this point. You may IM for details and payment information.We will begin at 9:00 am and finish around 4:00pm.
Thanks,
Team Havoc

Last edited:
I hate when family reunions get in the way of fun. I keep trying to come shoot here but something is always going on with me.

David

We are now a little over a week out and wanted to get the location out for those that have not attended before.
We will be meeting at the Subway sandwich shop off the Bland , Virginia exit number 52 at 8:30am. Shooters may want to consider picking up a sandwich for lunch and/or meeting for breakfast. If you have any questions, just pm me! Thanks, James

Im still in. This will be my last chance to collect any dope before GAP Grind :(

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk

I appreciate all the shooters and RO'S for helping make this event happen!
We had excellent weather and a bit of wind on the second portion of the day.
Would like to congratulate the following top three shooters for a solid performance!
First place: Melvin Martin
Second place: Austin Talley
Third place: Tim Meadows
With only three points setting these shooters apart, great job!

Thanks again guys for holding this course and match. I enjoyed it tremendously, and learned a ton! Most importantly, i found the course was an excellent confidence builder.

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk