• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Devcon Plastic Steel 2600 PSI

Mongoose67

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Feb 2, 2021
Colorado
So I may or may not have made a noob mistake bedding my rifle. Being my first time, I used Devon available at the local hardware store. This is Devcon Plastic Steel Home 2600 PSI. I had no idea Devon had dozens of epoxy's. Will this hold up for pillar bedding and action bedding? Is it resistant to solvents once hardened? Thanks.

It's Devcon's strongest epoxy...as long as you didn't glue the action to the stock, you should be fine. LOL If you have any doubt, go look at the data sheets on their website.
BTW, Midway USA sells this epoxy for bedding

It's Devcon's strongest epoxy...as long as you didn't glue the action to the stock, you should be fine. LOL If you have any doubt, go look at the data sheets on their website.
BTW, Midway USA sells this epoxy for bedding
LOL, Had a heart stopping moments when the action didn't pop right out, but a few gentle taps with a rubber mallet worked perfectly.

Reactions: jd138
I did a little more digging and found out the the residential "Home" Plastic Steel is also known as Devcon 10210. It has the same specs as the Devcon 10110 "Putty". I might try the putty next time. Anyone have experience with this?

Looks like the specs are a little better for the Devcon 10210 vs the Putty 10110.

1614610140740.png
1614610188748.png

If you want to get crazy Devcon makes a titanium reinforced putty that is rated to 15200 PSI under compression. We use it at work to patch gouges in hydraulic cylinder barrels in rods when the customer doesn't want new parts. It's good stuff but expensive and over kill for a bedding job I would think.