• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing Devcon......which one???

tspearsrph

Private
Minuteman
Mar 13, 2003
Talladega, AL
Everyone seems to use the product "Devcon" generically, when there are
actually about 10-15 different Devcon products. So which one(s) is/are
suitable for bedding a rifle action??????

tom

Re: Devcon......which one???

I've used the 10110 Plastic Steel with good results. I've seen others use different, but this seems to be the most prevalent.

John

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jrob300</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I've used the 10110 Plastic Steel with good results. I've seen others use different, but this seems to be the most prevalent.

John </div></div>

+1....I use the 10110 and the Titanium equivalent, but mostly the 10110....

Plastic steel is the most common used, with titanium being the second most common. The titanium being twice the cost, dont know what other benifits it offers aside from maybe reduced weight, and corrosion resistance. I heard guys use stainless steel devcon for rust resistance, but then again I have never heard of plastic steel rusting. Stick with plastic steel, and get the putty. I used the 2 oz liquid and it worked just as good, but tends to run and level out on more verticle areas.

I've used MarineTex before and it's still holding up 22 years later. (My 1903 hunting stock).

I predominantly used Devcon Steel 2 part, never had a problem and it's dark so blends in with about anything..Titanium might have less shrinkage, can't remember, never used it.