• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

DFW area gunsmith needed for barrel threading

Jimmy D in AK

Myrmidon
Supporter
Minuteman
Aug 14, 2010
Alaska (AK)
Looking for a reputable shop in the DFW (Denton area) to thread rifle barrels for suppressors, any suggestions?

McClelland gun shop did my 45-70 recently and I was impressed by how clean it was. I think with a regular barrel threading you’d be pleased.

Reactions: Jimmy D in AK
Class 3 Machining...all he does is barrel threading. Recently did one for me and the work was excellent. Morgan is very responsive...hit him up on FB and he will quickly get back with you.

Class 3 Machining...all he does is barrel threading. Recently did one for me and the work was excellent. Morgan is very responsive...hit him up on FB and he will quickly get back with you.

this right here, Morgan has been doing work for me for years. First class work with fast turns at reasonable prices. He also understands the different classes of thread pitches and critical importance of concentricity and bore axis.

^^This^^

Morgan has done a number of barrels for me, and I've been pleased with the work every time.

As for the suggestion of S and S, that shop changed hands a few years back, and the only people I know that have worked with them since then have not had particularly good experiences; lead times FAR longer than quoted, call after call after call not returned, the shop not open during posted business hours (with no note or other explanation available), etc...

I didn’t know that Stick had left S and S precision. Sad to hear that they aren’t what they once were.
Stick has passed away about 6-8 months ago.
He sold the shop to Micheal about 4-5 years before he passed. Micheal just bought the name and some of the tooling. And as stated The issues are present to this day. And getting worse.

Just had a barrel threaded by S&S

was done within a couple days, and did a good job, no complaints. Text is probably the best way to get ahold of him.

bought a prefit barrel from Keystone Accuracy and the muzzle threads were WAY undersized. Like my suppressor would slip on and off undersized.

Had s&s cut them off and rethread it.