• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

DFW area, looking for a place to shoot

Big Bo

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 7, 2005
Cal West
New to DFW area, looking for a place to shoot that is reasonable in price. Is there a range that charges per visit? $600 to $800 per year to shoot seems steep. My old range was $10 per day. I shot on a few farms also.

Any help?

Actually, I just realized this one has a one lifetime sign up fee of $75, then $60 per day to shoot with access to full 1700 range. Or, $500/year with rate lock-in for life if you maintain.

I usually go to B Tactical in Caddo Mills. They have steel at 300 and 400 yards. Also tac bays and of course 50 and 100 yard rifle plus a pistol bay. I think it is $25 day unless you are LEO , mil or a veteran. Then it's $20. A couple of bucks more if shooting steel. Tacs bays are hourly.

ETTS in Waxahatchie and NETT in Terell are great too, but a little more $$.

Reactions: DocRDS and NoDopes
Fossil point in Decatur goes out to 800

Its a bit of a drive but its a target rich environment, lots of movers.

1652560721738.png

Something closer with more LR shots try...

1652560848081.png

• Haha
Reactions: SniperBro
You have to be a member here to shoot on the long range which is actually 1277 yards at the longest station.

Do you have to be a member?

I was a member when i qualified and I have gone up a few times since, not as a member, just paid my $20 per day or $30 whatever it is, and I have shot on it. Maybe because I qualified on it a few years ago.

I usually go to B Tactical in Caddo Mills. They have steel at 300 and 400 yards. Also tac bays and of course 50 and 100 yard rifle plus a pistol bay. I think it is $25 day unless you are LEO , mil or a veteran. Then it's $20. A couple of bucks more if shooting steel. Tacs bays are hourly.

ETTS in Waxahatchie and NETT in Terell are great too, but a little more $$.
This. Go see Piper. ROs are cool dudes who help, not Range Nazis. worth the drive. No stupid ammo restrictions like Elm Fork or Garland Public. (lots of DFW ranges say no FMJ).

Garland is ok but some of the ROs are a PITA Overzealous Mofos. It just happens to be super nearby for me.

Reactions: NoDopes
Actually, I just realized this one has a one lifetime sign up fee of $75, then $60 per day to shoot with access to full 1700 range. Or, $500/year with rate lock-in for life if you maintain.

And you have to shoot a qual. 300,400,500,600,700 one rnd each,7 minutes time, full size IPSC, No quarter given if you miss, you have to retry on another date. But well worth it, outstanding facility.

Reactions: NoDopes
Do you have to be a member?

I was a member when i qualified and I have gone up a few times since, not as a member, just paid my $20 per day or $30 whatever it is, and I have shot on it. Maybe because I qualified on it a few years ago.
No you only have not been caught. They are starting to crack down on the long range. You do have to be a current member or guest of a mamber.

No you only have not been caught. They are starting to crack down on the long range. You do have to be a current member or guest of a mamber.

I wouldnt say not caught. I go in to the office and talk to the owner usually. He knows why I am not a full member anymore since I can only get time to shoot every 3-4 months. I havent been a member for I guess 6 years now.

Reactions: ACard
I wouldnt say not caught. I go in to the office and talk to the owner usually. He knows why I am not a full member anymore since I can only get time to shoot every 3-4 months. I havent been a member for I guess 6 years now.
Patrick is a good dude for sure

Reactions: rjacobs
The Medical Insurance people are right there... Same shit.
Had a crown done at my regular dentist 6 months age. Dental insurance paid the entire bill.
Had another crown done, I got a pre work printout showing I would owe $0.00...
Got the second crown done and got a $150.00 bill from the dentist.
Seems the dental insurance decided to not pay on the second one like the first one.
Bait and switch... Patient left with the bill.
They were not happy to see me walk in with the bill and asking questions.
Told me "they would work on it".

That's some sweet ass insurance. My crowns are usually covered at 50% costing me at least $500, usually $700 (including "build-up")
My dental insurance also has a very low max annual coverage, $1500 I believe.
Lastly, my dentist always says.. we'll bill insurance, but it's an estimate. You are responsible for any amounts not ultimately covered.

Reactions: Hobo Hilton