• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing DFW barreling and threading help

Adventurer_96

Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 16, 2003
Fort Worth, TX
I came across these older threads in a search, but I wanted to see if anyone has any more recent info on turnaround time and pricing:

http://www.snipershide.com/shooting/sniper-hide-gunsmithing/105120-dfw-texas-gunsmith.html
http://www.snipershide.com/shooting...59813-gunsmith-dfw-area-barrel-threading.html

I'm looking to get some barrel threading done, as well as a barrel install and bedding.

Alternatively, if someone on the board has a barrel vise and action wrench I could do the bedding on my own.

I looked for a competent smith to thread. Atwell tactical will do it. I have heard good things only after sending my stuff into tornado technology to have it done.

I just got a couple back from a guy that I'm not too happy with... the work is fine, but the turn time and lack of communication were very frustrating.

The next place I'm going to try is: Barrel Threading | CLASS 3 MACHINING COMPANY I've never used them, but they get a lot of great reviews over on Texas Hunting Forum.

I just got a couple back from a guy that I'm not too happy with... the work is fine, but the turn time and lack of communication were very frustrating.

The next place I'm going to try is: Barrel Threading | CLASS 3 MACHINING COMPANY I've never used them, but they get a lot of great reviews over on Texas Hunting Forum.

That's a great tip, thanks. Exactly what I needed!

I just got my projects back from Class 3. It was around a week turnaround for the threading. I can highly recommend him based upon work, price and turnaround. Threading is his bread and butter, and he was able to thread the first rifle I ever bought.

I'll be looking for someone to bed two rifles so I'll be contacting the other guys mentioned here and on the other threads.

Triple G in Stephenville, Gene Williams over in Princeton come to mind readily

Gene does decent work. I've never had him thread anything but other work. He's a machinist so he can do pretty much anything. Hell I've had him even grind down & polish a custom faucet that was hitting my backsplash on my tub. Haha!