• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Heretoimproveforhunting

Sergeant
Supporter
Minuteman
Sep 10, 2008
North TX
Can anyone recommend a public range in the DFW area that runs out to 100yds, and allows the use of chronographs?

I'm wanting to work up some loads. Have a place to shoot a few hours away, but looking for something closer to home that is more accessible.

Re: DFW Range

Does it have to be public? There is a private club in Haltom City that goes to 200 yards. The club has a chronograph- but I think the skyscreens are shot out. We allow you to use your own though.
Covered concrete benches, about 12 25-50 yard stations, 12 100 yard stations and 4, I think, 200 yard stations. Heated or cooled geezer shack, bathrooms, coke machine, and friendly people.

Jim

Is Haltom still predominately shillouette shooters? Used to be time consuming to join and a bigger pain to get actual range time.

It is a very nice range though.

We have a lot of matches, but there is a lot of open range time too. The volunteer RO's usually have the range open all day every day.
Check the website for range times and match listings.
To join you have to attend a club meeting- the first Wednesday of each month, a range orientation the following Sunday, then attend the next club meeting to pay and get your key.

HCRPC

Jim