• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

DHL FTW

Jumper

I have a rendezvous with death
Minuteman
  • Dec 15, 2008
    some disputed barricade
    DHL For The Win.

Yesterday afternoon I ordered some fuel injectors from RockAuto after the ones Amazon assured me fit my vehicle, didnt. RockAuto listed several shipping options: FedEx overnight, Express, Ground. As well as UPS and USPS and DHL. FedEx has been horrible. My son ordered a pair of NVG's and they shipped FedEx. Tracking number showed them arriving at the facility close to his house and then just sat there. For 3 days. He went there with the tracking number asking about them and no one could tell him where his package was at. He filed a claim with them but heard nothing. Then magically they show up back at the sender. Just one more horror story about FedEx of which there are legion. UPS has been generally reliable but they take 4 days on average. USPS... ridiculously bad; The Detroit sorting facility is just a black hole where things go to disappear. So I chose DHL. And F - me if the package isnt on the truck for delivery to me already today! This is from Richmond VA up to Central MI. If I get them and they arent in good shape I'll update this but so far DHL looks like they know what they are doing.

Update: The parts arrived at 12 noon. Box was in perfect shape. 19hrs from ordering to my door. Nice job DHL!

Last edited:
    I ordered a ham radio item from Estonia early December. It shipped DHL and got to Virginia in about a week if I remember correctly. No issues and the box still looked like a box. Go figure. Seriously, the box had no marks, dents, or scratches. Call me impressed.

Mentioned it in another thread but I ordered a custom-made khukuri from Nepal and it got here in about a week and a half or so with DHL, which was actually ahead of schedule. Box was fine, slightly squished at one end but no real damage to it or the knife inside. Of course, the shop padded it really well so they get credit too.

I have not seen DHL vans around here in well over a decade, but one used my driveway to turn around yesterday. I thought they had abandoned this market.

I ordered a press from Germany, DHL had it on my porch in 5 days, and I got a notice every time it was scanned......

I have not seen DHL vans around here in well over a decade, but one used my driveway to turn around yesterday. I thought they had abandoned this market.
    DHL ceased domestic operations in the US in 2008, resumed in 2018.
    UPS & FedEx have way more package volume than they can handle. FedEx also has staffing issues. Too many packages, not enough employees.
    Pretty much eliminated any money back guarantee on service, but keeps raising rates.
    I believe 2020-2021 were record profit years for both companies.