• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing Dial indicator with a long contact point

TRTAC

Sergeant
Minuteman
May 8, 2013
montana
Hey guys. I'm looking at getting away from using range rods and buying a test gauge with a long contact point. Any suggestions on a gauge?

Thanks
Tony

I bought the intrepid long stem in a set . From what i gather they are set from the factory with the long stem .
Edit to add I still use the range rods to get close then switch to the indicator much easier for me.

The Interapid 74.111965 is a great indicator for rifle building. It has tons of travel, long reach (going off memory, it's calibrated for 2.625" length), and is not over sensitive so you can actually read over the lands without the needle bouncing.

The Interapid 74.111965 is a great indicator for rifle building. It has tons of travel, long reach (going off memory, it's calibrated for 2.625" length), and is not over sensitive so you can actually read over the lands without the needle bouncing.

The intrepid is a outstanding indicator I also like the mitutoyo 513-512 it’s small enough to fit up the chamber an extra inch or so