• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

DiamondBack DB15 cracked lower

atesrn

Private
Minuteman
Dec 1, 2012
Hey guys bought a new DB15 and found a crack in the lower. The rifle has not been fired yet and DB tells me I am s.o.l. there are no replacements and there will never be replacements..my problem is that its dark earth and I have to match someone elses dark earth to DB's DE.

Re: DiamondBack DB15 cracked lower

I have no experience with the company, just typing my thoughts:

Where did you buy it new from? See if you can take it back to where you bought it and explain the situation. They may have more leverage with the distributor or manufacturer to get a replacement.

If it really is new, I don't see why the manufacturer won't warranty it as it says in their policy below. If it was sold to you as "new", but in reality had a previous owner who never shot it, you may be SOL in technicalities. Not good juju for the company though.

Tell us some more details. Did you buy it directly from them? Did you buy it through a vendor/internet site? Did you buy it at a store? Any pictures of the crack?

Diamondback's warranty:
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">This “Limited Lifetime Warranty” has been drafted
to comply with the MAGNUSON-MOSS WARRANTY
FEDERAL TRADE COMMISSION IMPROVEMENT
ACT which is effective for goods manufactured
on or after December 31, 1976. DIAMONDBACK
FIREARMS, LLC. warrants that this firearm was
originally manufactured free from defects in
material and workmanship.

<span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="color: #FF0000">DIAMONDBACK FIREARMS, LLC. agrees to correct
any defect in material and/or workmanship for the
original purchaser by repair or replacement ONLY. </span></span>
A service or handling charge may be applied at the
company’s discretion.
DIAMONDBACK FIREARMS, LLC.
LIMITED LIFETIME WARRANTY

DIAMONDBACK FIREARMS, LLC. will not be
responsible for defects resulting from careless
handling, unauthorized adjustments or
modifications, corrosion, neglect, abuse, failure to
provide reasonable and necessary maintenance as
described by this owners manual. Damage caused
by hand loaded and/or reloaded or improper
ammunition or damage caused from firing with any
obstruction in the barrel will not be warranted. This
warranty does not apply to ordinary wear and tear
of any parts, including metal, plastic, or any other
material used to manufacture this product, as well
as all surface finishes.

Under no circumstances shall DIAMONDBACK
FIREARMS,LLC. be responsible for incidental or
consequential damages with respect to economic
loss or injury or property damage, whether as a
result of breech of express or implied warranty,
negligence or otherwise. Some states do not
allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or
consequential damages, so the above limitation or
exclusion may not apply in certain cases.
If you need to return your gun to DIAMONDBACK
FIREARMS for warranty or service related claims,
please refer to the shipping instructions in the
SERVICE section of this manual.
</div></div>

This definitely sucks.

Is the crack something that affects the rifles functionality? If not, I would run it.

Your other option is to hound diamondback for money to buy another lower if they are no longer making them. Additionally, they should be able to tell you what the coating is on their rifles.

I'm confused by your original post. Are they just saying "sorry Charlie tuff shit, we ain't gonna go anything" or it that the particular model is out of production and no extras lowers are available to swap out for the damaged one? But they will replace with another lower just a not that color? A little not detail please?

sorry guys I was out of town...Yes Diamondback said S.O.L.!! I traded the lower to a company that seems more interested in the crack then DB. They shot an xray and said that the crack would not have caused a catastrophic failure. It was more cosmetic and caused during forging. still its a new gun and I paid for a new gun!!!

We had three guys show up with Diamondback firearms in the last few months and all three had catastrophic failures. One of the officers tried shooting the replacement gun and it failed as well. It is to the point that I recommended to the Sheriff's Office we not allow their firearms on the range.