• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Diamondback Tactical

Re: Diamondback Tactical

I've been wondering the same thing. Their site hasnt't been coming up but I thought it was because I am in afghanistan.

May 31, 2011

Diamondback Tactical Announces Change Within Business

NORTH CAROLINA -- Diamondback Tactical announced today that it has restructured its business model from a distribution firm to a personal protective armor and equipment manufacturer. The transition comes after completing recent integration planning of Diamondback Tactical and the assets of First Choice Armor & Equipment, which was acquired in foreclosure in September 2010. This decision will allow Diamondback Tactical to strengthen its market position and direct focus on its core product competencies. As part of this change, Dale Taylor has been appointed President of Diamondback Tactical, LLLP.

Previously, Diamondback Tactical distributed nylon goods, as well as various non-manufactured law enforcement equipment. Under its new business model, Diamondback Tactical will exclude the distribution of non-manufactured law enforcement equipment and refocus its core product competencies on manufactured soft armor, hard armor and nylon tactical gear. All marketing and distribution channels will be updated to reflect the company’s revised portfolio of products.

“This is a positive move for the organization,” states newly appointed President Dale Taylor. “Diamondback Tactical combines the passion and commitment of superior product quality and advanced technological developments for the law enforcement, federal and military markets. More than ever, we aim to combine and bring our experience and innovation to the forefront, so that all of our customers may enjoy the distinction that is found and trusted in Diamondback Tactical branded products.”

Dale Taylor was appointed by the board as President of Diamondback Tactical on May 4, 2011. He brings more than 24 years of hands-on and strategic knowledge and experience to the business.

“There is no doubt that the appointment of Dale Taylor as President of Diamondback Tactical was the right choice,” stated William Sullivan, Chairman of the Board and Partner with Torch Hill Investment Partners. “His experience in the industry has already proven to be invaluable to the organization.”

Might have to give them a call and see if they still have some of their previous products, I'd like to get a few things.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Dominique</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Dam, I was going to order some items from them …. </div></div>

me too... I have one of their plate carriers. solid piece, but I was going to order the mag inserts for the kangaroo pouch (for lack of a better term). They weren't showing any inklings of not continuing to sell gear at SHOT...

I have a plate carrier made by them...It seems to be fairly well made, and customer service was great when I ordered it. I had actually ordered the the wrong cummerbund. The person filling the order noticed the issue, called me and worked out the problem...adding a 10% LE discount.
That was about 2 years ago...moving forward, My department ordered a ballistic shield last year and we had all kinds of problems. I know that the order took place during a company merger. I hope that it was just some confusion during the change. In the end they worked out shield issue, and it is still a quality piece of equipment.

Years ago I had bought a lot of the Paraclete gear they were closing out. Bought a RAV and ton of pouches. Had chance to talk with one of the reps for DBT at Shot some time later.

Told him I had bought some Paraclete gear from them and was really pleased with the order. He was a total ass. Talking down how bad Paraclete gear was and their new line was so much better. Even though they copied just about everything from Paraclete. Never ordered from them again.

Cut

Jason Beck was Diamondback, he sold the company and created TYR Tactical. Great products from a great guy. Most innovative products in the industry!

Diamondback's older inventory from before their move to north carolina was sold. You can find at lot of their stuff on ebay from Redcat tactical for crazy low prices. I've bought 3 of their plate carriers as well as pouches and other things from here:

http://stores.ebay.com/Redcat-Tactical