• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Dicks sporting goods suspends semi auto gun sales.

Re: Dicks sporting goods spending semi auto gun sales.

It's disgraceful to see companies bowing to the pressure of misplaced public sentiment and media drivel, but they won't be the last.

I believe you mean "Suspending"...

They aren't getting a cent from me anymore. I suggest anyone miffed by this to do the same.

You people crack me the fuck up!! 20 kids were just murdered and all you care about is what Dicks is doing with there guns..

I would pack up all my guns and toss them over a cliff if it would bring one of these kids back to there family..smh

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 10Truck</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You people crack me the fuck up!! 20 kids were just murdered and all you care about is what Dicks is doing with there guns..

I would pack up all my guns and toss them over a cliff if it would bring one of these kids back to there family..smh </div></div>
Interesting.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 10Truck</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You people crack me the fuck up!! 20 kids were just murdered and all you care about is what Dicks is doing with there guns..

I would pack up all my guns and toss them over a cliff if it would bring one of these kids back to there family..smh </div></div>

Your right!! how dare life go on!

Grow up dude. This topic is all that people are talking about anywhere, BECAUSE children were murdered. Its time for men to man up and not behave like children. Those who seek to prey upon the emotions of adults who act like children are looking to weaken the checks and balance that armed civilians provide.

Everyone wants to be sure that this never happens again. People just disagree how to do it. Many believe the the second is the only thing preventing the collapse of our nation as occurred with the USSR. Have we ever been so broke as a nation? Has there ever been more discussion about succession before? Has there ever been this much sabre rattling in our lifetime? These are serious times, and these are serious discussions. If the SHTF it will affect even those who want to raise families in peace, and have no opinions.

Its both a good idea to lash out at Dicks, and it is also silly. I'm torn between not wanting to play childish games, debating with children, meaningless internet posts, and public boycotts and protests that nobody cares about, and the desire to not let the only voice heard coming from children that think that they can just wish violence away and well all shit rainbows.

"I would pack up all my guns and toss them over a cliff if it would bring one of these kids back to there family..smh"

Feel free to give me your address and I'll do it for you. You'll have as much chance at bringing them back as federal regulations will have at curing violence.

Yes, it was a horrid event but in a nation in which the values and freedoms are being destroyed daily what do you expect. History has shown what will happen, we simply repeating what has happened many times before.

Not saying I accept violence but nor am I guilty because someone else went off the deep end.

I am not sure, but it appears you just said you would sacrifice the rights endowed to you by your creator, the safety of your own family and your duty as a citizen of the United States. To bring one child back from the dead that was murdered. How magnanimous of you.
See my fucking signature. Mr Benjamin Franklin made that statement and it is as true today as it was in 1776.
Thanks for stepping out in the open where everyone can see you.

I guess i'm more concerned on explaining friday's events to my young son rather than where my next AR15 purchase is going to be.

I just think we just need to give the families the decency to greive and bury there kids before the rants from both sides begin on gun control. thats all

From another post of mine,

•In 2010, 10,228 people were killed in alcohol-impaired driving crashes, accounting for nearly one-third (31%) of all traffic-related deaths in the United States.
•Of the 1,210 traffic deaths among children ages 0 to 14 years in 2010, 211 (17%) involved an alcohol-impaired driver.

Yes that is correct over 200 kids killed in a single year as the result of a Drunk Driver. That is 10 times the number killed in CT. Anyone want to start new legislation against Alcohol Consumption or DUI! What is easier buying Alcohol or a Firearm?

Amazing that a child needlessly dies in this country every hour from DUI, Abuse, Drugs, you freaking name it, and all of sudden the world has to stop because of the death of 20 kids. Sorry but where is everybody at when those 20 kids die on a daily basis in this country!

Whatever,
M Richardson

Instead of lettings this descend more into a political arguement...

I think everyone who feels they have 5 mins of free time, First start by boycotting Dicks (0 Mins spent), now start by sending them an email explaining why (5 Mins Spent)

Yep even the Dicks Sporting Goods in my area pulled them off of the shelf all I could do was hang my head. They even pulled the semi-auto shotguns like the Mossberg 930. Even though I am deeply sadened for the loss of inocent life reguardless of how or where it occured knee jerk reactions wont solve anything. Especially when it only effects law abiding citizens. People keep forgetting that one thing called the human element and free will.

31329_L.jpg

Mine understand before even explaining it. Two of my kids were at school during a school shooting and were lucky that a local PD was on campus at the time because of another local high school shooting.

If you bring them up with firearms and don't make firearms some mystery they know not to blame a firearm for murder.

ANY time my kids wanted to check out the collection I would always pull out whatever they wanted to check out and run them through the safety drill and let them hand them in a safe manner. Takes all the temptation out of it and makes them love shooting.

I Still have the urge to ask you, when someone is killed because of drunk driving would you be careful not to discuss buying a new truck in his presence to help him through the tough time?
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 10Truck</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I guess i'm more concerned on explaining friday's events to my young son rather than where my next AR15 purchase is going to be.

I just think we just need to give the families the decency to greive and bury there kids before the rants from both sides begin on gun control. thats all</div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: captrichardson</div><div class="ubbcode-body">From another post of mine,

&#149;In 2010, 10,228 people were killed in alcohol-impaired driving crashes, accounting for nearly one-third (31%) of all traffic-related deaths in the United States.
&#149;Of the 1,210 traffic deaths among children ages 0 to 14 years in 2010, 211 (17%) involved an alcohol-impaired driver.

Amazing that a child needlessly dies in this country every hour from DUI, Abuse, Drugs, you freaking name it, and all of sudden the world has to stop because of the death of 20 kids. Sorry but where is everybody at when those 20 kids die on a daily basis in this country!

Whatever,
M Richardson

</div></div>

Well stated. I for one, would gladly give up alcohol long before I give up my right to be armed and enjoy this hobby. While I grieve for those recently lost, I grieve more for the pandemic of the undiagnosed and untreated mentally disturbed.

We cannot deny that Dicks was never really in the gun business in the first place. They've always rubbed me as an anti-gun company. The only reason I bought a gun there was because it was $400 off any other store. Outside of that I've never given them any business and unless they have another screaming deal on a gun, never will again. Dicks to me is like Rosie Odonnel's K-Mart.

Fuck 'em

10Truck, would you give up your free speech rights or freedom of religion to bring back any one of those kids? I bet you wouldn't, hypocrite. You deserve none of these rights.

Re: Dicks sporting goods suspends semi auto gun sales.

That does not surprise me in the least. I don't think Dicks was all that big into the gun scene anyways, at least the one near where I live. It was only recently that they started selling semi-auto rifles, and have never sold any hand guns.

Makes me wonder what's going on "behind the scenes". I wouldn't put anything past this current administration.

Listen, my feelings on the importance of our gun rights are as strongly as yours, if they weren't I would be a member here. I personally have done very little buisness with Dicks, which is why I honestly don't care what there standpoint is on this matter, but its there right, and in the end I'm sure they will see if it was a smart choice no matter what the reasoning.

Maybe my statement above was out of line, I guess as a newer parent my emotional feelings on the pain these families are dealing with has temporarily pushed aside my feelings on the importance of our gun rights.

And to the fella asking about drinking and driving, I've been a fireman for the last 19 yrs and have seen my share of poor decision making when it comes to alcohol. If someone close to me lost a family member to a drunk driver the last thing I would be talking about in there presence is how fucked up I got last night and drove myself home.....enjoy your day and have a Merry Christmas

And High Binder, you can go fuck yourself for that comment.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: High Binder</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 10Truck</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You people crack me the fuck up!! 20 kids were just murdered and all you care about is what Dicks is doing with there guns..

10Truck, would you give up your free speech rights or freedom of religion to bring back any one of those kids? I bet you wouldn't, hypocrite. You deserve none of these rights. </div></div>

Divide and conquer! Isn't that what the anti-gunners want? Then why are we giving it to them? Reading posts like this is akin to a wet dream for them. High Binder, you're a smart and reasonable dude. Don't give the libs what they're craving for.

I kinda saw where 10Truck was going with his post. It was filled with sadness and emotion, don't think he's looking to give up liberties or freedom.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 10Truck</div><div class="ubbcode-body">And High Binder, you can go fuck yourself for that comment. </div></div>

LOL! You just admitted (see below) that you were "out of line" saying what you said so you just fucked yourself, sheep.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 10Truck</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Maybe my statement above was out of line, </div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Slapchop</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Divide and conquer! Isn't that what the anti-gunners want? Then why are we giving it to them? Reading posts like this is akin to a wet dream for them. High Binder, you're a smart and reasonable dude. Don't give the libs what they're craving for.
</div></div>

10-4, so very true Slap.

Sports Authority is prolly next in line.
They have a handfull of ARs on their racks,prolly soon to be removed,or sold and never to be offered.

Absolutely crazy, I will only continue to buy firearms from our local gun stores! The major sporting good stores are always changing their views. Back in 01 I bought my first rifle a ruger 10/22 and walked out forgot to but ammo and they would not sell it to me! This was Gart sports at the time now sports authority. Have not bought from them since! Too bad they do this Dicks actually had a deal on a carbine built from Troy. It was $800 on Black Friday!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: HK4545</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Absolutely crazy, I will only continue to buy firearms from our local gun stores! The major sporting good stores are always changing their views. Back in 01 I bought my first rifle a ruger 10/22 and walked out forgot to but ammo and they would not sell it to me! This was Gart sports at the time now sports authority. Have not bought from them since! Too bad they do this Dicks actually had a deal on a carbine built from Troy. It was $800 on Black Friday! </div></div>

That's pretty jacked up HK. I know a lot of box stores will not let you buy ammo and the firearm in the same transaction. Wally World will walk you out of the store with a firearm purchase and you have to go back in to buy the ammo.

I would pack up all my guns and toss them over a cliff if it would bring one of these kids back to there family..smh</div></div>

1-armed and properly trained person could have stopped this....
bill larson

sounds like they're living up to their name. meh, they'll be selling again soon, like cheaper than dirt - neither of which will be getting any of my money.

I say Dick's can go suck a bag of DICK'S!! Great way to stay neutral. They are just doing it to get publicity for ultimately the main goal for them... PROFIT!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Bill Larson</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 10Truck</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You people crack me the fuck up!! 20 kids were just murdered and all you care about is what Dicks is doing with there guns..

I would pack up all my guns and toss them over a cliff if it would bring one of these kids back to there family..smh</div></div>

1-armed and properly trained person could have stopped this....
bill larson</div></div>
Yup!
These mass killer types pick "gun free zones" for a reason. They are cowards who do not want to be confronted. As soon as they feel threatened, they off themselves.

Until you fuckers stop selling firearms, what a store sells will mean very little to me..... If I had a large quantity of AR's I would stop selling them too. Why sell now when you can double the price in a month? They get to look like good guys to the sheeple and gouge the piss out of everyone else. I can respect that. I'd do it too
laugh.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: athhud</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Until you fuckers stop selling firearms, what a store sells will mean very little to me..... If I had a large quantity of AR's I would stop selling them too. Why sell now when you can double the price in a month? They get to look like good guys to the sheeple and gouge the piss out of everyone else. I can respect that. I'd do it too
laugh.gif
</div></div>

I agree it's good business but I got new-found respect for our local black guns store (Jensens) today when I saw that they hadn't pumped up the prices of anything. On the other hand another local outdoor-shop (Jax) announced that they were going to stop selling black guns. They even said that the owner said that he expects to loose customers (me) and employees over the decision.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: High Binder</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: athhud</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Until you fuckers stop selling firearms, what a store sells will mean very little to me..... If I had a large quantity of AR's I would stop selling them too. Why sell now when you can double the price in a month? They get to look like good guys to the sheeple and gouge the piss out of everyone else. I can respect that. I'd do it too
laugh.gif
</div></div>

I agree it's good business but I got new-found respect for our local black guns store (Jensens) today when I saw that they hadn't pumped up the prices of anything. On the other hand another local outdoor-shop (Jax) announced that they were going to stop selling black guns. They even said that the owner said that he expects to loose customers (me) and employees over the decision. </div></div>

I used to work for the Jax store in Lafayette. The owner doesn't like selling guns at all, let alone the evil black rifles. He would rather not have guns sold in his stores.

I've yet to meet a business owner that doesn't like money. If I were a betting man, I'd bet a fair share that you'll see them back on the shelves in most stores. There is always an exception when hippies are involved....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Trental</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: High Binder</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: athhud</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Until you fuckers stop selling firearms, what a store sells will mean very little to me..... If I had a large quantity of AR's I would stop selling them too. Why sell now when you can double the price in a month? They get to look like good guys to the sheeple and gouge the piss out of everyone else. I can respect that. I'd do it too
laugh.gif
</div></div>

I agree it's good business but I got new-found respect for our local black guns store (Jensens) today when I saw that they hadn't pumped up the prices of anything. On the other hand another local outdoor-shop (Jax) announced that they were going to stop selling black guns. They even said that the owner said that he expects to loose customers (me) and employees over the decision. </div></div>

I used to work for the Jax store in Lafayette. The owner doesn't like selling guns at all, let alone the evil black rifles. He would rather not have guns sold in his stores. </div></div>

That's exactly what I was told yesterday by my buddies who work the gun counter, they also said they're going to leave and work somewhere else. Sounds like the new policy is to just sell "safe" guns. Either way, fuck him and Jax. I've been shopping there almost exclusively for years... Not anymore.