• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Did anyone else watch Geissele release the 700 trigger last night?

Winny94

Major Hide Member
Minuteman
  • Nov 19, 2013
    It's sounds very interesting for the hunter and tactical competition shooter. Bench rest guys won't care as its too heavy, but it is convertible b/w 2stage and single, something I've never seen before. Coming from Bill, I'm sure it's fantastic and I'd definitely give it a few dry fires.

First off, let me state I really like Geissele triggers, I own 4 or 5 of them now.

That being said....WHO THE FUCK DOES THEIR MARKET RESEARCH?

Smdh...a lot of people make 2 stage Remington triggers, so why the "me too"?

Does no one in the after market trigger industry NOT see that Tikka's are becoming the rifle of choice over the 700, and that no one (save Tikka/Sako) offers a two stage trigger in the US? FFS, talk about a blue water market space!

Rather than spend R&D dollars on something that competes with other manufacturers, how about using the investment for a market that has no current competition? I mean seriously, does the community need another 700 two stage trigger?

Sometimes I just sit here and shake my damn head...

Rant over...

Reactions: GotCox
    First off, let me state I really like Geissele triggers, I own 4 or 5 of them now.

Does no one in the after market trigger industry NOT see that Tikka's are becoming the rifle of choice over the 700, and that no one (save Tikka/Sako) offers a two stage trigger in the US? FFS, talk about a blue water market space!

Rather than spend R&D dollars on something that competes with other manufacturers, how about using the investment for a market that has no current competition? I mean seriously, does the community need another 700 two stage trigger?

Rant over...

Maybe in our little community there is a shift to tikka, but in the industry as a whole, the 700 (and clones) still dominates the bolt action world and Geissele knows they have a large fan boy following that will replace their Timney, Jewel, TT, Etc. just because the trigger says geissele. They would be stupid to not wade in with a 700 trigger first.

And as a consumer, we should fear the day major mfgs avoid existing competition.

Rant over...

I agree 1000% this was my first thought when I read the title. I really like Geissele for the AR platform, but I really like the Timney Calvin Elite triggers for the 700 I have been asking them when they are going to make a trigger for Tikkas and I keep hearing "soon", but then one also has to realize that it's not just the Rem 700 that these triggers will fit there are a ton of custom rifles that will also accept a trigger made for the 700 so overall that is probably a bigger market than Tikka.

And as a consumer, we should fear the day major mfgs avoid existing competition.

Ummm...that's Business 101; if there's no competition, that's a good thing. Furthermore, it establishes a barrier to entry against your competitors if it's a smaller market, ensuring you retain an advantage either in "market presence" or market space saturation.

Rant over...

You're assuming the plan is to make a R700 trigger then stop? If I were to enter the bolt gun market, I too would start with the R700 then expand. It's low hanging fruit, Geissele brand name recognition will sell a ton while the boys in the lab are prototyping other platforms. Actually seems spot on. Just my $.02

Reactions: tRidiot and 6XC

Rant over...

This is exactly why they can come into a "crowded" market - reputation. I am excited to see this

Reactions: tRidiot
    1) There are tens of thousands of 700s already in people's gun safes and cabinets and 2) if it doesn't work it was wasted effort -- consumers will pick with their own dollars.

If it's what Bill promises (coming from a guy who was a shooter before he started making things for guns) I'll bet it works very, very well.

...but I really like the Timney Calvin Elite triggers for the 700 I have been asking them when they are going to make a trigger for Tikkas and I keep hearing "soon", but then one also has to realize that it's not just the Rem 700 that these triggers will fit there are a ton of custom rifles that will also accept a trigger made for the 700 so overall that is probably a bigger market than Tikka.

Soon

https://www.instagram.com/p/BcTXSvKA...imney_triggers

I’d be willing to give it a try. But being a lefty, I have a feeling I’ll be waiting for a while.

Rant over...

I agree. He was also talking about selling 1911s, a complete 700, and complete AR rifles towards the end. If I was going to drop some coin on a custom knife,1911, or Rem700 I would go with someone who has been specializing on them for years and not geissele. G makes great mounts, and AR triggers but some of his ideas were broadening his market a bit too much IMHO.

Ummm...that's Business 101; if there's no competition, that's a good thing. Furthermore, it establishes a barrier to entry against your competitors if it's a smaller market, ensuring you retain an advantage either in "market presence" or market space saturation.

I said consumers. From a consumer perspective, lack of competition is terrible.

...but then one also has to realize that it's not just the Rem 700 that these triggers will fit there are a ton of custom rifles that will also accept a trigger made for the 700 so overall that is probably a bigger market than Tikka.

That’s what I was thinking. They may have done it for the Bighorn and Defiance crowd.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Rant over...

Way more actions accept rem 700 triggers than tikka triggers. Probably 100:1 or more. Sure makes sense to me.

Reactions: BoulderE89
    ...but then one also has to realize that it's not just the Rem 700 that these triggers will fit there are a ton of custom rifles that will also accept a trigger made for the 700 so overall that is probably a bigger market than Tikka.

That’s what I was thinking. They may have done it for the Bighorn and Defiance crowd.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Not trying to derail the thread, I know that anything Geissele makes is probably going to be high quality, but the cost of some of those knives and they don’t even include the sheath.......$350-700+ oh and for an extra $50 we will include a sheath that probably doesn’t cost $5.00 to make. I believe in capitalism and hey if people will pay it good on them I guess, but wow. I own three of there triggers and I don’t regret buying them, but I can’t see myself ever buying a knife over $200.

I watched the video, I thought it was interesting. I see Geissele as a company that makes triggers that are super durable, safe, and with 95% of the quality of pull/break of the companies that sacrifice both durability and safety for the absolute best trigger pull/break feel. So to me the Geissele triggers are the best for people that want a really good trigger pull, but demand absolute reliability. There may be other target triggers that give a better/lighter trigger feel, but they also have more reliability problems, don't like being dirty, wear out faster, etc. I have a few of the their triggers and they have always been very reliable and durable. The triggers where I've liked the pull/break better have on average been less so.

As for the 700 I think that's a no-brainer for a first attempt, there's just so much market for them and so many people will buy anything right now with a G on it. While Tikka, and say the RPR would be super popular the numbers of potential customers are just not there compared to the 700 and all the other guns that use the same trigger. There's some amazing trigger feel/break 700 triggers out there so my guess is they are going after the hard use/tactical market where again the person wants/needs a quality trigger pull/break but can't/won't sacrifice reliability/durability. I actually thought it would be more expensive than $250 considering what they charge for their other triggers.

I thought it was interesting he took some big swipes at the "cartridge" AR triggers, I assume that's 1 piece drop in style triggers and how they make guns less accurate due to lower hammer spring power and less consistent ignition. Seems like if these triggers from Elf, Timney, Velocity, CMC, WIlson, etc. were all reducing accuracy they wouldn't be very popular very long. Perhaps it's only an issue with very hard primers.

The MPX trigger or lack of was a big disappointment for many. If Geissele can't make a durable trigger for the MPX you have to wonder if anyone else's will last long term, including the factory trigger. That whole platform just seems plagued from the ground up with issues.

Overall, I found myself remembering that I always start to worry about the QC of companies that go from making one product at a super high quality level developing a stellar reputation and then start branching out to make everything under the sun. They might be the exception but almost every company I've seen do this, in any industry the QC almost always suffers. Also I have to say I was amused that they charging $350 for a knife sheath. Even as a knife nut that's pretty bold, but I have no double people will line up to buy it.

I'm excited to see him broadening his market, particularly possibly getting into 1911's. I'd love to have a high end alternative to STI for a 2011 with their shit CS, I've been sending a DVC back and forth for 6 months now over an extremely simple issue.

Regarding the knives, the $750 one comes with the sheath and looking at the design that thing isn't cheap to make. The other knives appear to come with kydex sheaths and the leather sheaths are an extra $50 or so.

Neither are washing machines, but I have seen some a lot cheaper and probably a bit more complicated than a piece of steel with a edge to it...........lol

Perhaps you should look at that sheath design and the fact there’s not another one like it. Also look as what some other high end knives cost.

If you think a piece of steel with an edge is all that constitutes a knife then go to Walmart and spend $10 on one. There are plenty like myself who appreciate and understand quality that will fork out the cash for these.

Im in for one. I've been wanting to switch to a 2 stage in my Deviant and I love the Geissele triggers in my AR's.

As said above, with the custom actions included, a 700 trigger is a smart move. Manufacturer competition is always better for the consumer. Not only for price, but for product innovation too.

Reactions: mcmdphd
    I'm pretty excited. Have always loved my Geissele triggers in my ARs and have wanted something similar in a 700 for a while. Now i've only had experience with two 700 2-stage triggers, the BnA tacsport and Timney. Now have a Huber that a friend gave me a generous trade on, though i haven't used it yet. Of the two i've used there was never quite a prominent wall before the break on the second stage. There seemed to always be a bit of travel and past a certain point it would break. What i've always wanted is basically some take up (being the first stage) to be met with a hard stop like a single stage. Much like how i've always felt my SSA-Es feel. I know the Huber is regarded as the standard so i expect it to deliver but i think i'll be trying out the super 700 once it gets released.

Beyond what's already been stated, I haven't seen anyone mention an obvious angle: military/government contracts. Geissele has made many products, allegedly under request of end users, for that community. That community also has plenty of R700 rifles kicking around in various roles.

Perhaps you should look at that sheath design and the fact there’s not another one like it. Also look as what some other high end knives cost.

If you think a piece of steel with an edge is all that constitutes a knife then go to Walmart and spend $10 on one. There are plenty like myself who appreciate and understand quality that will fork out the cash for these.

for that knife....you are paying $150 for the knife.......and $600 for the sheath.

now personally, if im spending $750 on a knife.....i want my knife to be the majority of that cost........i could care less about the sheath.....the sheath is useless really, you can accomplish the same task with a piece of molded kydex.

for a collector, sure knock your self out of that tickles your fancy.........but for a an actual use knife....its not doing anything that a EESE isnt for 1/5 the cost.

for that knife....you are paying $150 for the knife.......and $600 for the sheath.

now personally, if im spending $750 on a knife.....i want my knife to be the majority of that cost........i could care less about the sheath.....the sheath is useless really, you can accomplish the same task with a piece of molded kydex.

for a collector, sure knock your self out of that tickles your fancy.........but for a an actual use knife....its not doing anything that a EESE isnt for 1/5 the cost.

You should compare apples to apples. That is more like a $400+ blade if you compare it to similar knives. ESEE’s use 1095 for the most part which is a fairly cheap steel, very easy to work with, and doesn’t hold and edge for crap. Hardly an equal comparison.

"Even thought it is 2 and a half pounds, it is 8 ounces" :confused:

Glad they solved all the problems we weren't having. I really like him and he makes good products and is a good salesman, but he is laying it on a little thick. A lot of good companies have been making good triggers for a long time. I don't think any are perfect, but that geissle wont be either. After using bolt gun triggers, my geissle ssa-e feels like a clunker now, still good for an ar trigger, but not good compared to my others.

Rant over...

Ummmm you must be forgetting the fact that every single custom action out there that anyone cares about uses a 700 trigger. That and there are still tens of thousands of people out there that are buying 700's because it's a "military and police sniper rifle."

Bill Geissele would be a complete retard to release anything other than a 700 trigger as his company's first bolt action trigger.

"Even thought it is 2 and a half pounds, it is 8 ounces" :confused:

Glad they solved all the problems we weren't having. I really like him and he makes good products and is a good salesman, but he is laying it on a little thick. A lot of good companies have been making good triggers for a long time. I don't think any are perfect, but that geissle wont be either. After using bolt gun triggers, my geissle ssa-e feels like a clunker now, still good for an ar trigger, but not good compared to my others.

Do you expect any aftermarket AR trigger to live up the the ones on your bolt guns? If so then you're out of your mind. Geissele is known for making the most reliable AR triggers in the world. If he can do the same for the 700 platform it'll be a huge win because triggers these days are hard to trust your life on.

Do you expect any aftermarket AR trigger to live up the the ones on your bolt guns? If so then you're out of your mind. Geissele is known for making the most reliable AR triggers in the world. If he can do the same for the 700 platform it'll be a huge win because triggers these days are hard to trust your life on.

I'll be honest the only 2-stage i've used that feels like a Geissele 2-stage is my Huber. The Timney of the two i had were nowhere near and the BnA Tacsport was better because of the adjustments but still didn't have a prominent 2nd stage wall. They both were more reminiscent of nice handgun triggers than what i like in a 2-stage. While he might be laying it on a little thick, i'll probably be in line to try the 700 trigger if it's what he says it is.

There are plenty of great single stage 700 triggers but the 2-stage market while now having more offerings that it used to is still very much lacking as to the quality of those offerings IMHO. At least from the more affordable options that i've tried. Huber, CG, and Tubb are probably the pinnacle while the rest leave a lot to be desired IMHO. Can't speak for Cadex though, i haven't tried that one. If the Geissele super 700 will give the performance of a huber for 250$ and full adjustability..you can count me in.

Im in for one. I've been wanting to switch to a 2 stage in my Deviant and I love the Geissele triggers in my AR's.

As said above, with the custom actions included, a 700 trigger is a smart move. Manufacturer competition is always better for the consumer. Not only for price, but for product innovation too.

Kingzero- did you ever put a Geissele 2-stage trigger in your Deviant action? and if so, how did it work out? I replaced all my factory 700 triggers (n=3) with the Geissele super 700 trigger and have been considering a new build with a GAP Tempest action or Curtis action. I had read/heard of so many problems with various other triggers, that I am searching for information. Geissele responded quickly but they have no information. After 2 weeks, still waiting on a response from GAP.