• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Movie Theater Did I change or is Hollywood just not making any watchable movies anymore?

ArmyJerry

fukallyall
Banned !
Nov 22, 2012
Kicking Ass Somewhere
I went to see the star wars movie, and I am a SW follower, seeing the original in theatres 20+ time as a 16 year old long hair leather jacket wearing nerd, seen every one since, this last one sucked and sucked bad. But the most impactful revelation is when I was watching the upcoming previews , they all sucked , everone of them abso fuking lutely sucked.

Has Hollywood ran out of material, have they become so deranged and bitter they lost their artistic story telling ways and now put out thinly veiled left wing ideology ra ra propaganda films? Every movie seems to to be using empathy to feel sorry for some individual or group that is thrust into the self labeled underdog scenario.

Is it me just seeing these movies this way or have they changed the formula over the past 10 years? Have I changed or have they, or is America drifting apart, the ends drifting from the middle?

Heck yes. I'm a marvel nerd I guess. I also liked the new star wars movie overall. Some big holes, some questionable story line decisions, but overall I enjoyed it. I'm not a huge star wars guy though like you were. Heck, I wasn't even alive for the original trilogy.

Nope, Hollywood hasn't had an original idea in 20+ years. I too am a Star Wars fan, saw them all in the theaters. In fact the last movie I paid to see was Revenge of the Sith, 13 years ago. I refuse to spend one penny to be subjected to Hollywood's liberal PC bullshit. Have no interest in the last few "Disney" SW movies. They reek of leftist PC bullshit. From the female lead, to the black guy, to the subtle anti-Trump bias, etc. The fact that 99% of these Hollywood scumbags are vocally anti-Trump doesn't help. They won't see a penny from me.

Nope, they haven't put anything worth a shit out for a long long time. And that's a shame. I don't veg out on the boob tube, but I do enjoy a 'good' movie. And I'm still waiting for one. Not a Scifi guy either. :confused:

Pick up a book, better than deaing with these idiots in Hollywood ...

Nope, they haven't put anything worth a shit out for a long long time. And that's a shame. I don't veg out on the boob tube, but I do enjoy a 'good' movie. And I'm still waiting for one. Not a Scifi guy either. :confused:

Wind River was a good film.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No Jerry, you haven't changed. What we are seeing is the Libtard Hollywood response to the reality of a Trump Presidency.

It just takes about a year's time to get a movie out the other end of the Commie Pinko Propaganda Factory.

I hope folks vote on this stuff with their pocketbooks and the Pinkos lose their collective shirts. But reality says the brainwashing worked.

I'm reading more now then ever, a lot more...

Have always been a big Sci-fi reader (And westerns,, :) )
Was 16 when the original SW movie hit.. At the time it was epic,
Dont really know how many times I saw it, Had a local movie
theater then that was like 3.50 to get in to and the movie ran
there for a solid month.. The story worked and the reality of the
look of the film at the time was just great.

It was simple, good vs bad young adventure movie, old school,
cowboy/robin hood saving the ranchers daughter plot and trying to stop
some big plot, Erroll Flynn coulda been Luke,,, :D

Now its all about hipster over analyzed plots and burying agendas in the films.

Just re-read an old Heinlein novel, from his early days when he was pushing
the agenda of you ow your country for your way of life and it can't survive without some
input from all of us..

Things has changed..

And there are a few good movies that seem to leak out. Darkest Hour looks great. But not playing in any theaters here! Bridge of Spies was fantastic. As was the remake a few years ago of Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy.

These are good old dramas. Not CGI-inspired action flicks. I enjoyed them all... but they are coming from the fringes. Not from 'Hollywood.'

As for those weasels losing their shirts... YES! I think the NFL asswipes are going to realize in a couple of years that empty stadiums and cancelled TV spots... mean huge pay cuts. Then the kneeling little ingrates... will get their asses handed to them by their soon-to-be-poorer team-mates. Same with Hollywood. Movies are where 'us masses' go. It's not where the hoy paloy of New Yawk Sitty... go for an evening out. They are too busy quaffing their chardonnay in The Hamptons. Movies are where middle America goes for a fun evening out and a nice escape. And when movies suck.... we don't go to see them any more!

I think I went to 2 movies in 2017. Star Wars. And Dunkirk. I loved Star Wars because it entertained me. I though Dunkirk sucked because it was all art-faggy. Instead of trying to tell an amazing story, they tried to be all "Cannes Film Festival" and the movie sucked.

So, no... we didn't change. Nor did middle America. It's why we're staying home in droves. Which is a shame. Because I LOVE movies!! But I won't pay to see crap.

Cheers,

Sirhr

I haven't looked at next year's films but I do visit the cinema at least once a month. I really enjoyed La La Land, T2 Trainspotting, Blade Runner 2049, Mother!, and It. There are still a lot of gems, in my opinion. I thought the new star wars was just "ok". A wasted opportunity.

Wind River was a good film.

I thought it was 'ok'. The gun play was fun, the plot realistic, but it was also all pretty darn predictable. IMHO anyway. And I'm not known for being a real good thinker. ;)

Probably one or two recent others, but ya got me.

Exactly he way I been feeling myself.

And there are a few good movies that seem to leak out. Darkest Hour looks great. But not playing in any theaters here! Bridge of Spies was fantastic. As was the remake a few years ago of Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy.

These are good old dramas. Not CGI-inspired action flicks. I enjoyed them all... but they are coming from the fringes. Not from 'Hollywood.'

As for those weasels losing their shirts... YES! I think the NFL asswipes are going to realize in a couple of years that empty stadiums and cancelled TV spots... mean huge pay cuts. Then the kneeling little ingrates... will get their asses handed to them by their soon-to-be-poorer team-mates. Same with Hollywood. Movies are where 'us masses' go. It's not where the hoy paloy of New Yawk Sitty... go for an evening out. They are too busy quaffing their chardonnay in The Hamptons. Movies are where middle America goes for a fun evening out and a nice escape. And when movies suck.... we don't go to see them any more!

I think I went to 2 movies in 2017. Star Wars. And Dunkirk. I loved Star Wars because it entertained me. I though Dunkirk sucked because it was all art-faggy. Instead of trying to tell an amazing story, they tried to be all "Cannes Film Festival" and the movie sucked.

So, no... we didn't change. Nor did middle America. It's why we're staying home in droves. Which is a shame. Because I LOVE movies!! But I won't pay to see crap.

Cheers,

Sirhr

I can't/won't speak for anyone else, but I guess I have changed. For me to actually go see a movie (or buy a BluRay), I look at the cast and if there is anyone in the cast that has offended me, it's no dice. It wasn't that long ago that I overlooked their little temper tantrums, but the list of acceptable actors/actresses has gotten pretty short. I'm not really boycotting Harveywood per se, it's just that I can no longer support an industry that works so hard at undermining conservative (my) values. Those same people that proclaim they are so "tolerant", "open minded" and "inclusive". Yeah, right. I'm of the belief I have a lot more of those qualities than those that have a dictionary full of names/insults to sling at people like me. And, I really don't wear my values on my shirtsleeves.

Also, the plots have becoming so boringly repetitive that I have a hard time looking at the same pigs with different colored lipstick. Not to mention "action" movies. Jesus, the fight scenes are so ridiculously un-realistic, I just can't watch another one. Guys beating each other with chains, then falling three stories, landing flat on their backs, then getting up and getting right back into the fight......those kinds of scenes. Gee, I miss a step going downstairs and I'm screwed (well, maybe that's just 'cause I'm old).

Harveywood has a real nasty habit of taking a franchise and with subsequent new releases, turn every movie darker and darker. Just a couple of examples; Batman, Harry Potter and Starwars. The original/first few in each series were entertaining, but each got darker with age. I do also like non-fiction, drama and spy movies, but as I said, I just don't seem to find any that I can drum up the most basic enthusiasm to actually get in the car, spend the money and sit through. I watch movies to escape and be entertained. Spare me you sanctimonious PC/SJW crap. Same with the NFL. I'm in the dining room typing this. The Seahawks are playing Arizona and as soon as I finish this post, I'm going out to the man cave and continue to organize my reloading stuff. The NFL has lost me as a fan. I really don't care what they do from this point forward. My personal opinion is that whatever they do (if anything) will just be "buying votes".

Don't get me wrong, I like movies, I like to be entertained. Harverywood seems to have forgotten how to, or completely lost the recipe for entertaining. Too bad, I'm certain there will be some good movies that I will miss because I have the filters/blinders cranked down so far.

Last edited:
If you want a good American made film... watch Range 15

You can thank me later... 😊

Last edited:
She's probably most upset that there is no lesbian superhero... but her rant is not far off base!

And she is certainly one of the 'Hollywood' establishment who aren't getting $30 million directors gigs to create actually good movies... or novel movies... or good drama. Because the money is going to CGI Marvel mental pablum. Of course, she says it in such elitist and obnoxious terms that my first reaction is to say 'shut up, dyke.' Because when she is slamming fracking and making it out like middle America is too stupid to appreciate her 'art' which is why we aren't flocking to Nell and Ishtar.... is a total insult showing here ignorance about the people who buy tickets.

While her thoughts are in the right place, she shows EXACTLY why the vast middle of America doesn't want anything to do with her and her lefty, insulated, bubble-dwelling, elitist ilk.

Cheers,

Sirhr

Hollywood hasn't made anytbing worth a fuck in a long time. In the last 8 years I have gone to see "The Hornet's Nest", Lone Survivor, American Sniper and 13 Hours. Hornets Nest was pretty good, but that Genre has been taken over by Discovery/Nat Geo, which is fine with me. Lone Survivor was pretty good. Overall I think it captured the book, though they could have not changed the story once he was helped. American Sniper, ehh. Would have been hard to stick to the book for Eastwood, as it was written rather simply, which is fine with me as I felt like I was sitting around Ranger TV with buddies while I was reading it. 13 Hours fucking sucked, and that's really too bad because the book was cleverly written. NEVER make a fucktard from the office an operator.

I am concerned and probably won't go to see 12 Strong. Knowing some of the SF guys from 5SFG who went in on horseback, I have a real concern that the producers/directors are going to stray WAY off "Horse Soldiers" and go Ben Affleck Pearl Harbor Style... or Red Tails. No need to jazz up an event that like this to appeal to masses. Fuck 'em.

Get Netflix...some excellent movies and mini series from BBC, Australia, Norway, Iceland, etc. Actors you have never seen and plots with depth..... Such a refreshing change.

Nowadays, new directors just piggy back the original ideas of creative artists, and just film remakes, or take the name of a series and turn it into crap.( haven’t seen the new Star Wars, but the newest Indiana Jones was...not great)

There are plenty of good books (both fiction and non-fiction)that would make great silver screen productions, and take little creativity to make a great film, yet producers are still unable to create anything worth my time and money; perhaps they cater to a different audience.

finally I get credit for something good. hahaha, I credit someone else who complained in a thread (exactly same complaint I been having myself) and gave me the idea for this thread, I think it was boltcutter.

Get Netflix...some excellent movies and mini series from BBC, Australia, Norway, Iceland, etc. Actors you have never seen and plots with depth..... Such a refreshing change.

The Heavy Water War is a Norwegian film/series on Netiflix. I thought it was excellent, have watched it many times.

Sorry to myself be rehashing, but instead of trying to be insightful in any real way I'll just point out what hit me and made me want my money back after the last two Star Wars movies:

1) Episode VII is Episode IV - pretty much dead nuts as far as the big story blocks go

2) Episode VIII is a lot like Episode V - they just remixed the story timeline of the masterpiece that was Empire Strikes Back and put that Joey Ramone looking (an unfortunate, but apt likeness, no disrespect intended) bitch in to absolutely castrate the bad guys from actually being bad ass in any way

So agreed, nothing new, just a high polish on old, old chrome

EDIT: I actually really dug Rouge One, however. I don't think that invalidates my prior observations...?

Last edited:
in the past 2 years they made 2 good ones.........Hacksaw Ridge and The Revenant. Seems like they are going for the
cash with all the comic book stuff......

I've been watching old gangster films that are on a local broadcast channel. The men are actually men and the women are women. No faggot characters or skinny women who are supposed to be badass soldiers etc either.