• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Did i get quoted the right price for this ARbarrel

jmichael99

Private
Minuteman
Apr 10, 2011
barrel in 223 22in

Quote from krieger
$315 for barrel
$50 to assemble all parts

Really? 315??
Ga Precision wanted to charge me $650ish for a bartlein barrel.

I guess GAP has to machine all the parks and Krieger does it all in one?

Re: Did i get quoted the right price for this ARbarrel

Something seems screwed up with your numbers because Kreiger's basic DCM AR-15 barrels run around $300 which is for an unchambered/uncrowned barrel, with the barrel extension (not installed on the barrel). Their match barrels run around $350 for the same condition (unchambered/uncrowned, with extension). Complete fitting including chambering, headspacing, crowning, installation of the bbl extension, etc., etc. is another $200 if memory serves which gets you to approx. $500-$550. Plus add in any addt'l costs for parts if you don't already have them to mail to Kreiger such as gas tube, handguard, etc.

Re: Did i get quoted the right price for this ARbarrel

Jman, as I told you on the phone--there are many excellent ar15 barrel manufacturers in the market and that we would probably not be able to provide a barrel with the level of performance that would justify our costs for milling one out. (this is why we generally do not offer Ar15 barrels)

cost for a Bartlein barrel blank alone is 315.00 from us.