• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hunting & Fishing Did I hit the deer

I did have a couple of the big Weavers. About the only thing I preferred was the turret clicks on the big weaver. I like the Tango 6, I kept hearing the glass was better than the Cronus, not in my samples. I just wondered about the turrets for 2k. Like you say, not sucky, but not what I expected.

I actually like those big weavers for more than their turret clicks. I did a side by side with it and the tango6. The only thing in my opinion that the Sig is superior in is glass. The optical image is better on the Sig to my eyes and handles CA just a bit better. I found the eyebox MUCH MUCH better on the weaver. I found the parallax adjustment MUCH MUCH easier to tune on the weaver. Of course the turrets are better on the weaver but we already covered that. The Sig, at twice the price, really let me down. Since I hunt with this optic, the reticle on the weaver was really not bad for me. Many say it's outdated but for my purposes it was perfect. I honestly still prefer the weaver. I only sold it because I really need a bigger FOV on my rifle since I could get deer pop up at 30 yards. For me, the wider FOV, the better. I used to own a weaver 3-15 which was on my hunting rifle and also regret selling that one lol. I bought an LRHS through the deal GAP had recently but sent it back in for warranty. I'm really excited to get it back soon so I could a comparison on that one with the Sig. Those two are the highest end optics I've ever bought. We'll see how they stack up against each other.

Why do people try to hit the spine/neck/head or high shoulder? They are all effective but very little room for error. What is wrong with center of lungs? Thats what ive always done cause rarely do i have the best rest or stability in hunting situations, I want to have the most room for error and still have a lethal hit. Each to their own but I bet if you would have aimed center, right behind the shoulder you would have been posting a picture not a question.

Reactions: stello1001
I actually like those big weavers for more than their turret clicks. I did a side by side with it and the tango6. The only thing in my opinion that the Sig is superior in is glass. The optical image is better on the Sig to my eyes and handles CA just a bit better. I found the eyebox MUCH MUCH better on the weaver. I found the parallax adjustment MUCH MUCH easier to tune on the weaver. Of course the turrets are better on the weaver but we already covered that. The Sig, at twice the price, really let me down. Since I hunt with this optic, the reticle on the weaver was really not bad for me. Many say it's outdated but for my purposes it was perfect. I honestly still prefer the weaver. I only sold it because I really need a bigger FOV on my rifle since I could get deer pop up at 30 yards. For me, the wider FOV, the better. I used to own a weaver 3-15 which was on my hunting rifle and also regret selling that one lol. I bought an LRHS through the deal GAP had recently but sent it back in for warranty. I'm really excited to get it back soon so I could a comparison on that one with the Sig. Those two are the highest end optics I've ever bought. We'll see how they stack up against each other.

4.5-18 LRHS are nice. You wont be disappointed there. I am running round robin with a 3-12 LRHS, 4.5-18 LRTS, Sig 4-24, and Athlon Cronus. All pretty nice well under 2k street price.