• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Did I miss it on here or did no post Joe Frazier

Re: Did I miss it on here or did no post Joe Frazier

RIP Joe. You finally beat the greatest, Ali, at something.

Relationship with Muhammad Ali

While Ali's characteristic taunts of his opponent began typically enough, after regaining his title, his taunts eventually turned personal. Joe was painted by Ali as the white man's hope and as an "Uncle Tom," interjecting a racial element into an already contentious and controversial series of great bouts.
<span style="text-decoration: underline"><span style="font-weight: bold">Joe Frazier petitioned U.S. President Richard Nixon to have Ali's right to box reinstated, setting up the whole series of matches. (Frazier had boycotted the 1967 WBA heavyweight elimination tournament to find a successor to Muhammad Ali, after the champion had been stripped of the title</span>.)</span>
After years of remaining bitter, Frazier told Sports Illustrated in May 2009 that he no longer held hard feelings for Ali.[19]"

Classy guy. R.I.P. Joe.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: maggot</div><div class="ubbcode-body">RIP Joe. You finally beat the greatest, Ali, at something. </div></div>

He beat him the one time it counted, for the title. RIP JOE
I heard Floyd Mayweather is paying for the funeral.