• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Fieldcraft did my first camo job

werner

Private
Minuteman
May 10, 2010
St Helens OR
couple cans of krylon camo and the first camo Ive attempted didnt turn out too bad. whats your thoughts?
dscf4184z.jpg

dscf4186.jpg

Re: did my first camo job

a great combo of colors and pattern for many environments and seasons, keeping mostly to a tan/brownish base, yet having that old school woodland charm.

looks like some thought was put into it. better than average IMHO, especially on the first try.

thanks for the compliments.
i did practice on an ammo can and shooting bench before tackling the stock but that practice showed me what colors and ratios to use, size of stencil per color and how to get the colors right for the environment i wanted.

i made my own stencils be placing blue painters tape on wax paper and cutting out pattern. this acts as a sticker so the stencil can be used multiple times.

Looks great. Post some pics when it's back together!

You got the stick back together yet? I like the colors, thinking along the same lines with the barreled action painted solid in one of the greens or darker tans.
Post some pics!!!

I think the shapes that you made and your attention to there placement, is what makes this camo job stand out as excellent...

1st attempt?? It wouldn't make any difference if it was your 1,000th attempt... that looks really good!!

Very clean, nice patterning... you done great!!

DK

I guess I am kinda partial to it because it is Woodland Camo... that, and it is a Savage!!

DK

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BrettSass844</div><div class="ubbcode-body">that pattern would look great on that cozy coupe!
smile.gif

Great job, looks amazing! </div></div>

+1. An urban playground assualt vehicle!