• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Suppressors Did some work to my G23..Done pics updated

kennyfisher4413

Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 25, 2009
Ashville, OH
I had been shooting my glock 23 now for about a year stock. Since this is my primary carry weapon I wanted to make it fit the way I liked it. And the fact that I wanted to see if I was capable of pulling off what others charge a few hundred bucks for. so I rounded up some supplies and went to work. Here are some pics of the progress so far.

My plans are to remove finger grooves, grip reduction, texture by stippling and then I will upgrade some internal parts.

IMG_1201.jpg

Here you can see where I removed the finger grooves, under cut the trigger guard a bit, rounded the trigger guard, and cut a notch where my middle finger on my support hand rest nicely.
IMG_1203.jpg

IMG_1202.jpg

I plugged up the mag well and top of grip with play dough to keep the epoxy from going places it shouldn't. The half moon shape in the mag well was filled with a quarter taped in place.
IMG_1204.jpg

The epoxy once it has hardened in the grip space. Most people I have seen use marine epoxy. I used plastic epoxy that I colored with some black spray paint when I mixed it up. At this point the epoxy you see needs to be touched up with the dremel and smoothed out.
IMG_1205.jpg

Well after a few hours of tedious work. Here is how it ended up. I used tape as a border on areas where I wanted a nice clean line. I used a wood burning iron instead of your standard soldering iron because it was shorter and easier to work with. Also prior to stippling I applied a couple coats of spray on truck bed liner to add a bit more texture with in the stippling.

IMG_1207.jpg

IMG_1206.jpg

Re: Did some work to my G23

How does it feel after the hump is removed? Trying to work up the courage to try this on my 19. Looks good.

It feels great..I just took it slow and kept cheking the feel until I got it where I wanted it. I didnt want to go to agressive. Before the palm swell just didnt sit right in my palm.

Any plans for stippling or a beavertail? I'd really like to see a how to on putting a beavertail on one of these as I have a small problem with slide bite on the Glocks, that's why I don't own one yet.

So at this point, by removing the palm swell, have you gone completely through the original grip to the epoxy that you placed? I would assume so, but was interested in some clarification. Nice project man. That took some balls to undertake, but it looks good so far.

nobearsyet- I will be doing a complete 360 stippling job on it after I get the look and feel down that I want to use.

J-ham- No I didnt go down completely to the epoxy. There is one little spot close to the hole in the bottom where it started to go to the epoxy but thats it.

I watched several youtube vids before I decided to take the plunge on the project. I have an old 10/22 stock that im using to practice my stippling. I have found that a wood burning iron is easier to use than a regular soldering iron due to the fact that its shorter and easier to keep steady.

Thanks for clearing that up bud, and again, it looks real good so far.

looks great so far. i think many Glock owners have the desire to do the same thing but not many of us have the courage.

I didnt have the courage untilI watched several youtube videos and read a few other write ups from people who have done it. Once extreme boredom set im the other day I decided what the hell.

Here is my G31 just back from having some custom work done.

Looking forward to seeing yours when it is finished. Congrats on taking the plunge.

jpvl34.jpg

2j0yz3s.jpg

Well guys its all done for the most part I still want to change some internal parts and maybe get some slide work done at some point. I need to go back over the stippling to make sure I didnt miss any areas now that my eyes have had a rest..haha But like I said other than that its done. It has a great feel, very comfortable.

Excellent work, I think it looks good but how does it feel in your hand now?

It feels great...might be a little coarse for some peoples liking. Haven tried getting it wet yet to check it in that situation. But dry its has an ample amount of grip.