• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Did they jack up the price on Bushnells?

Clicky762

Private
Minuteman
Oct 25, 2009
I've been waiting for the Vortex since March and was told today that they will be delayed until late August. I've had a 5r ready to roll since the beginning of June when it was originally supposed to be delivered and I'm beginning to get antsy. My back up has always been the Bushnell 4200 3-12 ffp. I had remembered it being $650ish, but now everything I find lists them for $850. Did they add a new feature or just jack up the price?

Re: Did they jack up the price on Bushnells?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: coldboremiracle</div><div class="ubbcode-body">650 is still too much for a bushnell. </div></div>

Well then how much will you sell me one for?

It is VASTLY more difficult to make a scope in MILRADIAN measurement. VASTLY - the erector assembly has these threads in there that control travel. And they must be cut differently.

With today's modern CNC machines, it's almost impossible to make a change like that without incurring massive company ending cost.

Additionally, people in countries such as China, Taiwan, and Japan have almost no understanding of the Metric system and how to program machinery to use it's measurements.

Thankfully, the desire to have a reticle that matches the knobs on modern tactical scopes is dying, so companies will no longer have to deal with this issue in the near future.

Just think about all of these things, and you will see where all the additional cost is incurred.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Clicky762</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: coldboremiracle</div><div class="ubbcode-body">650 is still too much for a bushnell. </div></div>

Well then how much will you sell me one for? </div></div>

$689, but we have been out of stock for awhile.

Scott

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mr.M14</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Thankfully, the desire to have a reticle that matches the knobs on modern tactical scopes is dying, so companies will no longer have to deal with this issue in the near future.</div></div>

Huh? Care to elaborate on that?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mr.M14</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Thankfully, the desire to have a reticle that matches the knobs on modern tactical scopes is dying, so companies will no longer have to deal with this issue in the near future.</div></div>

+1, care to elaborate, that's all anybody seems to want these days, if you have a crystal ball I'm all ears.

Scott

Sorry - my post came from the MrSarcasm machine I have here next to my MrCoffee. I should have turned the sarcasm knob to 11. I noted after posting it was only on 10.

The idea of charging one more cent for a MIL/MIL scope grinds my asshole raw like a splintery telephone pole inserted with the solid rocket booster from the space shuttle.

If anything, Mil/MOA scopes should be MORE expensive than MIL/MIL scopes because they are STUPID. STUPID should cost something extra.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mr.M14</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Sorry - my post came from the MrSarcasm machine I have here next to my MrCoffee. I should have turned the sarcasm knob to 11. I noted after posting it was only on 10.

The idea of charging one more cent for a MIL/MIL scope grinds my asshole raw like a splintery telephone pole inserted with the solid rocket booster from the space shuttle.

If anything, Mil/MOA scopes should be MORE expensive than MIL/MIL scopes because they are STUPID. STUPID should cost something extra. </div></div>

Yes, I caught the sarcasm on that one, especially the part about asian's not knowing enough about the metric system. I too share the same ground asshole from MIL/MOA scopes.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Clicky762</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Well then how much will you sell me one for?</div></div>

I dont have any Bushnell's, dont care for their shitty CS and barely average product.

Before I read the later comments I was thinking to myself "WTF is this guy on about am i missing something here?"