• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Different scope bases???

Captain Moroni

Well armed easily annoyed
Minuteman
Jan 20, 2007
Pocatello ID
www.highdeserttactical.us
To start off I know all the companies that make scope bases I am looking for one to fit a specific purpose. The scope base I have now works fine in terms of gining me a way to attach my scope to my rifle. Its a EGW 20 MOA savage short action. In an attempt to improve my natural point of aim and sight alignment I would like a shorter base that still has 20 MOA. My rings are the Buris extreme tactical and are probably more than what is required for a 17lb .308. When Liberty optics has a set of Seekins rings back in stock I will get a set of low rings. My scope is a USO sn3 3.2x17x44 (thanks KYshooter338). Is there a one piece base out there that will be lower than what I already have? Also I do have a Karsten cheek piece to help with sight alignment but would like to get as low as possible. I am open to all ideas.
Thanks Tucker

Re: Different scope bases???

Its hard to get low with a 1 piece rail mount. My Savage has a 1 piece Farrell base, and my scope sets on it without rings, and has .040" clearance. Maybe a dove tail set up, with Burris Zee Signature rings, with the max offset inserts, to get the scope pointed down.

Only a pair of two peice mounts are lower. If you only shoot ranges then that's fine. If your scope clears the barrel with the lowest rings then no issue with the one peice base as that si as low as you will get anyway. Remember, you can only go as low as your mounted Objective Lens Housing clearing the barrel anyway.

Hi Tucker

EGW Tactical rails for SA savage are appx .400 from the top of the receiver ring to the top of the rail.

We now offer the HD rail that is .350 high, machined from solid 7075, hard coat anodize wiht torx screws if that .050 lower helps?

geo

www.egwguns.com