• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Digital scale...

If you want to move up from the Gempro, the A&D FX120i is a good bet. It replaced my Gempro 250.

Cambridge is a Canadian outfit, so prices are in $Canadian. Shipment will come from a US outfit across the border, so no customs issues.

If you want to move up from the Gempro, the A&D FX120i is a good bet. It replaced my Gempro 250.

Cambridge is a Canadian outfit, so prices are in $Canadian. Shipment will come from a US outfit across the border, so no customs issues.

What this gentleman stated. Had the exact same situation. Replaced the Gem Pro 250 with a A&D Fx 120i. You won't be disappointed.

Go on a major popular auction site and search "AWS Digital Scale." Its $10 shipped. It is the factory OEM scale that Hornady and RCBS re-brand as their own and sell for $35 (e.g. Hornady GS-1500).

Go on a major popular auction site and search "AWS Digital Scale." Its $10 shipped. It is the factory OEM scale that Hornady and RCBS re-brand as their own and sell for $35 (e.g. Hornady GS-1500).
Doesn't look anything like the $200 model the OP posted.

My understanding is that scales using "magnetic force restoration" are more consistent than those using "strain gauge". So the major gain from, say, a GemPro 250 is to move to one using magnetic force restoration.

I don't know what method the AWS uses but AFAIK the A&D FX120I is about the least expensive mag force balance available.

This video may be of some value to you:

Mag Force Restoration vs Strain Gauge

The text accompanying the A&D FX120i Description may help explain why.

Last edited:
Whatever you do, be careful from whom you order a scale.

A vendor switched my GP 250 order and sent a GP 500 which was worthless.

I had to send it back and had a hard time getting them to admit their switch.

Doesn't look anything like the $200 model the OP posted.

1) OP stated he was looking for a digital scale and that he didn't want the GemPro. I suggested a digital scale that was not the GemPro.
2) I was hinting that often factory OEM generic products sell for way less than branded ones.

I have done a lot a research on these scales. The only two I would buy are the FX200i for $679.99 or the Entris64-1S $1126.99. You can spend less but in case you do get what you pay for. I will be placing order for the Satorius Entris64-1S next month.

Thanks Guys for the input...but I am limited to 200 bucks...I did some research too and that A&D 120I is awesome but don't have the budget for that one...Please don't get me wrong, If I have the money thats what I want...

I shipped the GemPro back and just bought the RCBS 1500 scale alone.

I know it doesn't read to the hundredths of a grain, but in my brief experience it is stable and DOES NOT DRIFT.

I have been running it for 36+ hours checking it periodically and so far it remains zeroed and weighs the test weights exactly.

At my level of proficiency, I cannot justify spending even $500 on an expensive scale, much less $1200 for an analytical grade scale.

My loss or maybe my gain - I won't drive myself crazy picking out kernels of Varget.