• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Dillion press

Re: Dillion press

Whoa AZ EMS Pilot, I'm glad I'm not a woman, that thing scares the hell out of me!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: AZ EMS Pilot</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Here it is pervs.
</div></div>
Just when you think you've seen them all ...
shocked.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: AZ EMS Pilot</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Here it is pervs.

10wrxoh.jpg
</div></div>

Hey,

I printed this picture and took it to the sex shop. They didn't have this model.
I didn't want to get one that wouldn't give complete satisfaction.
And since you say it works good, can you pick me up one and mail it to me and I'll pay you back?

Haha Thanks for posting that. You rock.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: EddieNFL</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Has anyone mounted the Hornady mechanism on a 550?</div></div>

I've seen several pics on various forums from users who did it. One included a whole row of 550's with hornady linkages and rcbs uniflow PMs (repainted in powder blue!).

You used to have to expand separately (and seat+crimp in one station) or modify the Hornady PM linkage/die with parts from Lyman's powder through multi-expander die. Now Hornady has powder through expanders for its linkage (a slightly different linkage design too).

Andy

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BigJakeJ1s</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: EddieNFL</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Has anyone mounted the Hornady mechanism on a 550?</div></div>

I've seen several pics on various forums from users who did it. One included a whole row of 550's with hornady linkages and rcbs uniflow PMs (repainted in powder blue!).

You used to have to expand separately (and seat+crimp in one station) or modify the Hornady PM linkage/die with parts from Lyman's powder through multi-expander die. Now Hornady has powder through expanders for its linkage (a slightly different linkage design too).

Andy </div></div>

Thanks, Andy. I wonder if any modification was needed to mate the RCBS to the linkage. Hornady states the linkage will work only with the LNL measure. I'm calling today to confirm. I don't see why it would not work with the older Hornady measures. Also, while I haven't measured, the RCBS drum appears to be identical to the Hornady. I'll post Hornady's response.

Per Hornady, the linkage will not work with the older measures. The "throw" stroke is different. I have a couple of Uniflows so I may try those.

Holy hell, if I were to strap one of those to my 550 my wife would never leave the man cave!!

I know the older Hornady linkage (pre PTX) worked fine with RCBS Uniflow PMs. The piece to worry about would be the arm that replaces the PM handle (screw spacing for mounting it to the drum in lieu of the handle). Making it fit would be trivial at any rate.

Here is a link to a thread with pictures of the new Hornady PTX linkage mated to a Uniflow PM.

Andy

By older version, do you mean the one that is ram activated? I have one of those. Works well, but don't forget to disable if you don't have a case to charge.
mad.gif
I pulled it out and checked it on the 550, but the dies are to close.

I ordered the PTX linkage last night. I have a Uniflow I can mate it to. I'm going to try it with an older Hornady measure. Sometimes, tech reps are wrong or, it may work with a little modification.