• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Dillon Automatic Primer Filler

Re: Dillon Automatic Primer Filler

A friend bought one when they first came out, It worked good, but a little better with the plastic cover off. I plan on getting one when I get home.

I've had 2 at a time in the past. They do save a lot of time if you are production loading and don't need the precision of a hand primer like the Sinclair one.

However, they did jam up a LOT, so the time saving gets reduced accordingly.

If I were going for "volume production", I'd surely get one (or 2, like I had, so you don't have to change over between large and small primers).

Jim G

I have two. One set up for large and one small.

They take some tweaking and patience to get to 100%. Thats why I have two. Once they are set up, I dont touch a thing.

Both of mine work well. No complaints.

Mine works great. There is some variation in manfacture specs of primers so it does require a little tweakage to make 100%. Its fun to watch the primers fall in and march in lockstep to their deaths down the primer tube hole - reminds me of the liberal mindset.

I just upgraded mine with the variable reostat...

a very nice upgrade. It takes alot out of the tweaking time.

Vary the rate of viabration instead of shimming and tension adjustments for 100%.

Definitly go with the variable reostat. I have one Dillon filler, and one old CAMDEX unit that is about twice the size. Both work well. If you are running a Dillon 650 or better (I run 3 Dillon 1000's) one of these will make you life much easier.

I have two one for large and one for small. I had the first one for a while and never had any problems with it so I bought the second one for small primers. It has been a while now and I still can't get the one I use for small primers to run 100%. When they work they will be filled long before I can load 100 rounds on my 650.

Chris

However long it takes you to fill a regular primer tube. The automatic filler comes with it's own tube, you dump 100 primers in the top, push a button and go back to reloading. The tube will be filled before I can load 100 rounds on my 650. The tube that comes with the auto filler loads the primers into the press the same way as the standard primer tubes.If your only loading 100 rounds at a time on a 550 they are probably not worth it but if you load anything in volume they are in my opinion. I would rather be shooting then reloading.

Chris