• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Dillon Thanks

mateofeo85

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Sep 29, 2010
New Mexico
If there's any new reloaders here on the Hide, or anybody on the fence as to whether or not go "Blue" and buy a Dillon for volume reloading; do it. I have a 550 and 650, and just experienced my first customer service/warranty experience with Dillon for my 650XL. After a few emails discussing what the probable issue was, a few days later a cardboard tube with replacement parts showed up on my front door step (about $50 in parts), thus fixing the claimed issue. In my book, outstanding service, knowledge, and support for their already reputable products.

Thanks Dillon!

Matt

I don't buy blue, I buy presses that don't need customer service ;)

Other companies that advertise on SH should take note. Love, hate, or don't care about what Dillon offers, I have yet to find a company that stands behind what they sell as much as Dillon does. This forum is full of posts from "the best this" or "the best that" company widget, that suddenly forgets who you are after you put your hard earned money down.

Most of these companies can learn a lot from Dillon customer service.

Sorry, but it's true.

I had an issue with my 650 XL once, I thought I knew what the problem was and called Dillon, they were kind of surprised what the problem was but still told me no problem and shipped out a new part. I think it was a bent primer wheel turner thing..... I got the new parts a couple days later, but then realized the problem was me. Dillon gave me new parts even though they thought I was wrong, they didn't tell me I was wrong, but I could tell they were thinking it.

I sort of ruined a RL550B trying to take it apart to lube it up a few years back. They said I was not the first one to do it, and all I had to pay was shipping the press back to them. They sent me out an updated press or replaced what I FUBAR'ed up. Not really sure which one. but the press is as new and great as the day I bought it 20 yrs ago.

Bought a new 550 on the 22nd was at door step the afternoon of the 24th. Dam fast. Still waiting on conv kits though.

Ordered a 550b a few weeks back. Gonna look nice on the bench next to my Co-Ax

FWIW, I had an issue with an RCBS die this week. A brand new one. I called RCBS, they asked me no questions, just stated, "sir, so you would like a new sizing button?" I said yes yours was undersized. He said, ok we are sorry, what is your mailing address, I will send you two. You should have them by the end of the week."

So, props to Dillon, and props to RCBS. Two great companies to deal with. Glad to hear positive stuff. Sometimes I get caught up reading negative posts concerning suppliers and mfgerers.

Heard a story about a Dillon that survived a fire and damn near the only thing left that you could tell what it was was the ram. Dillon gave the guy a new press. I love my 550b(except the damn primer system, but thats another story).

I don't buy blue, I buy presses that don't need customer service ;)

lol, I knew I'd hear this at some point ;)

Honestly though, I'm not here to single out one press company over another, as I also have a Co-ax and an old RockChucker on my bench that run all day. However, the fact that my 650 that was repaired was given to me by a late friend and former Hide member after he had run it for at least 10 years prior, really goes to show that if it's Blue, regardless of age or condition, they'll make sure it's running!!

I have had my 650 for around 20 years.

If I have any problem, I call them and they send new parts. I had the old white primer pick up tube ends (both small and large are white). I asked about the new yellow and green ones, and they sent new ones for all my tubes. For free.

What are those clamps holding the mounts down? I've never seen that brand before.

Give reloading a try, you may enjoy it.

I've been reloading for over 20 years sonny boy ;-)

IMG_20120116_164835.jpg

Closing in on 40, Junior. Long enough to know anything man-made can fail...even the identical red press I have on one of my benches.

Close to 40 years here also.

Most of my needs for parts have been self inflicted. :)

FWIW, I had an issue with an RCBS die this week. A brand new one. I called RCBS, they asked me no questions, just stated, "sir, so you would like a new sizing button?" I said yes yours was undersized. He said, ok we are sorry, what is your mailing address, I will send you two. You should have them by the end of the week."

So, props to Dillon, and props to RCBS. Two great companies to deal with. Glad to hear positive stuff. Sometimes I get caught up reading negative posts concerning suppliers and mfgerers.

I am kicking around ordering a Dillon right now-good to hear about great CS. RCBS has also been awesome-they have sent me replacement parts I tried to pay for no charge on at least 3 occasions. That's for a rockchucker almost 20 years old.

Heard a story about a Dillon that survived a fire and damn near the only thing left that you could tell what it was was the ram. Dillon gave the guy a new press. I love my 550b(except the damn primer system, but thats another story).

I remember that thread. It was about 2 years ago, and he posted pictures. He was hesitant to even bother contacting Dillon because he could see the whole thing was Fubar'd. Dillon told him to send in what he had and they'd take a look and see what they could do. They sent him a brand new unit, outfitted with the goodies his old one had, and charged him their nominal "upgrade fee" of less than $100.

Dillon has been fantastic whenever I've dealt with them.

When it cones to reloading, thats all I buy... theyre the best. Those that talk crap about them usually are the ones that havent bought one yet and bash the cost... like its really THAT much more. Its a tool and the best one at that.. like the saying goes, pay me now or pay me later but in the end youre gonna pay. Get the best the first and only time... Dillon!!

My Dillon obsession

FinishedBench006.jpg

FinishedBench005.jpg

FinishedBench004.jpg

I told myself I was only going to get guns chambered for .45 ACP and 30-06, all Id ever need to reload for. Well I added .38 special and now I need a .308 and .223 quick change.

Last edited: