• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

DIP Products Customer Service? Oxymoron

tube snake boogie

Sergeant
Minuteman
Oct 28, 2010
San Diego
Bought a 19053 CZ 455 .22WMR(Magnum) 10 RD Polymer Magazine from DIP that was defective at the outset- I received the magazine on Sept. 13- and the first time I used it (last monday) the spring was weak and would not feed the last 1-2 rounds.
Sent an email to DIP Tuesday and again yesterday (since they had not responded) explaining the defect and requested to return the defective Magazine for a replacement Magazine. This is what DIP said:
"Sir

Thank you for your recent order. You will need to contact CZ USA about the magazine as they would be the ones covering the warrantee. Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance.

Thank you, Robert

Sales Desk Staff

Diversified Innovative Products - Main Page
"

If a retailer sells a defective item they should accept a return and provide a full refund or replace it. Apparently, DIP thinks otherwise and as such I won't be buying from the DIP s..ts anymore.
Caveat emptor when dealing with DIP

I just looked at their site (DIP) and it clearly states the magazine is manufactured by CZ. I can see why they want you to contact CZ. All reports I have read over at RFC indicate good service from CZ. Good luck.

Yes, that is clearly DIP's preference. But under Article 2 of the UCC DIP as a commercial seller of CZ products has made both express and implied warranties of CZ products, and therefore it is pretty lame that DIP refuses to offer an exchange or refund.
I just looked at their site (DIP) and it clearly states the magazine is manufactured by CZ. I can see why they want you to contact CZ. All reports I have read over at RFC indicate good service from CZ. Good luck.

I've seen that several times from other companies and it seems to be sop since they didn't manufacture it. Email czusa about it with copy of receipt. Its crap that dip won't help but its a pretty common practice.

Isn't it just as easy to return it to CZ as it would be to DIP? CZ will probably be a lot more responsive to your needs with their product ( and maybe even throw in some freebies ) as would DIP.

Isn't it just as easy to return it to CZ as it would be to DIP? CZ will probably be a lot more responsive to your needs with their product ( and maybe even throw in some freebies ) as would DIP.
Well, my reasoned belief was that DIP would promptly handle and that it would be much more efficient since DIP already had a record of the sale, and now I have to wait for CZ. Obviously I erred in the reasonable belief that DIP would honor their warranty obligations.

I've seen that several times from other companies and it seems to be sop since they didn't manufacture it. Email czusa about it with copy of receipt. Its crap that dip won't help but its a pretty common practice.
I did email CZ, and it appears you are right that mom and pop outfits like DIP would prefer to turf defective merchandise problems to the manufactures than actually offer decent CS.