• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Dirty factory aac-sd

mj30wilson

Private
Minuteman
Jan 12, 2014
I recieved my rifle and opened it and inspected it in store with my borescope. My lg shop is small i can do such a thing. It appeared to have been fired before. What is the testing protocol for he aac-sd and what are the odds mine did get factory tested. What do you think is the pass fail criteria as far as remington accuracy goes?

My AAC SD was dirty straight out of the box. I cant imagine their accuracy standards are very tight since they dont offer an MOA guarantee. Im willing to bet if it functions and shoots sub 2moa, they send it on. Fwiw, my AAC in a B&C stock shot in the .6's average using handloads with Varget and a 175smk.

what is your dirty standard? I would assume if it was a test shot it would be 1-5 shots. It is weird tho they did not run a patch through it to clean it out after.

The barrel had copper smears in barrel and scratches in the chamber area. Is their an easy way to polish said areas?
Had to soak it in poison in the black bottle with red lid. Fearsome stuff that crinkles the nose but after 10 minutes the barrel was clean.

Every one I've bought were obviously fired. I've owned dozens of Remington's so it would lead me to believe they at least test fire/proof them all. Whether they shoot them to accuracy test I wouldn't know, if they do they either don't care about the results or don't test every one for accuracy because I've gotten one and seen two others that had bad chambers and wouldn't shoot close to acceptable.

I wouldn't worry about it though.