• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

'Dis you, PMclaine?

Did you report these incidents to the department so that they could be addressed, or if they actually were what you say they were?
Lol what do you think that will do ?

This was “reported” to the max. :

All stereotypes are rooted in truth. “We investigated ourselves and found no wrongdoing “ is common for a reason

Reactions: Lange Carabine
Small town South Carolina I suspect(?). Not always the highest quality of people in such a limited workforce. I've seen similar in small town Texas and Florida. The thing is, it usually gets rectified. Maybe not to our person satisfaction, but it does eventually get rectified.

And again, most LEO's I've met in altercations, have (by and large) been pretty understanding (like you mentioned about your youth). I can tell you, after putting a size 12 Lowa boot into someone's car door, for cutting me off, then flipping me off...twice, the LEO could have hauled me in in cuffs. Instead, afte rlistening to my side of the story, he asked if I'd pay for the damages; giving me a chance to take responsibility for my actions. He didn't have to, but he saw both sides of the argument, and understood the law.

LEO are human though, and have bad days just like anyone else; we just tend to hold them to a higher standard (and in some ways, rightly so). But I still stand by my statement that the overwhelming majority are good people, with the usual 10% that shouldn't be there. LEO, just like the military, are a microcosm of society. Some of the sweeping, derogatory statements made about LEO, I think, go too far. And hence my stepping into this conversation.

Are there bad LEO's? Sure. But most are not.

People have undoubtedly had some bad interactions with LEO that were not necessarily of their own doing. BUt I'd say it's pretty rare. Usually we did something that instigated the meeting. And how we handle that meeting usually has a big impact on the outcome of that meeting. That being said, I have no issues with calling out bad LEO if they warrant it, I just think we need to be a bit more succinct in how we do it, rather than make broad, sweeping statements like "they all are crooked" or "they all think they're above the law". Because, IME, that just isn't true, and isn't fair to the majority who do toe that narrow line between protector and enforcer.

JMTCW...

Grew up in a small town in SC. Four or five years ago headed back to visit family. Exited I95 to 378 and "forgot" the speed limit wasn't 70 (in reality 80). Cop stops me for 68 in a 55. Give him the usual plus my CC permit. He's back in about a minute, gives me a warning for less than 10 over and thanked me for my service. I've had similar experiences in other small towns in the SE.

All stereotypes are rooted in truth. “We investigated ourselves and found no wrongdoing “ is common for a reason
If it makes you feel better, in my state, if you kill someone with your car, you will get nothing. Purely intentional acts and impaired driving get you something. We ask for the charges, and the DA’s dont file. When I came on in the early 2000’s, you’d at least get a manslaughter charge with a little time. This is across the board. I hooked a car thief with a prior recently. He was also an illegal. Out of jail before I got off shift, and didn't even have to post bond. Amazingly he showed up for court, but he knew already that he’d get nothing. Walked with nothing but probation.

I got fired about 3 weeks ago from a field I spent a decade in.

I am actually quite happy.

You see, every generation since WWII has said they would stand against mass genocide and tyranny. Most wondered deep down if they actually would have the balls to do it. Now we are finding out.

I like finding out. It makes things so much simpler.

Wrote this in 1993 asking the questions you asked.....Professor Hoelzel is a Holocaust Survivor and kind of a grammar....never mind.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

When MA came up with hands free distracted driving I thought any cop that was going to enforce it would have to write the first ticket to him/herself.

There is no one more distracted on the road.

If it makes you feel better, in my state, if you kill someone with your car, you will get nothing. Purely intentional acts and impaired driving get you something. We ask for the charges, and the DA’s dont file. When I came on in the early 2000’s, you’d at least get a manslaughter charge with a little time. This is across the board. I hooked a car thief with a prior recently. He was also an illegal. Out of jail before I got off shift, and didn't even have to post bond. Amazingly he showed up for court, but he knew already that he’d get nothing. Walked with nothing but probation.
If that had been a single white mother who accidentally bounced a check she woulda got 5 years. I know this because I watched it happen.

Reactions: deersniper
When MA came up with hands free distracted driving I thought any cop that was going to enforce it would have to write the first ticket to him/herself.

There is no one more distracted on the road.
Cell Phone, Sat Phone, GPS, Camera, Radio (SO, State Police, Fire, Ambulance), Laptop terminal. Then of course you are observing everything, maybe running radar.